What's new

Type-S Headlights & Levelling...

St3ve

Members
Reaction score
Car
Audi A5 Sportback
Hi All,

Quick Q...When you turn the headlights on, are they supposed to self-level?

I know when I turn the lights on in my wifes car, I can see the beam dip and level out...I've never seen them adjust when I turn them on ??

Cheers!

Hi All,

Quick Q...When you turn the headlights on, are they supposed to self-level?

I know when I turn the lights on in my wifes car, I can see the beam dip and level out...I've never seen them adjust when I turn them on ??

Cheers!

Depends on what angle your car is parked at - as you have a Type S, ***ume you also have the OEM HIDS?

My drive has a slight incline and I see the HIDS level out. Even when I reverse park in the drive, I can see the light pattern move. Sounds daft, but clean your headlights by hand and then see - makes a world of difference.

I have the factory fitted lights and do regularly keep them clean; I was under the impression that when you turned them on, they were supposed to drop and relevel each time?!

I have the factory fitted lights and do regularly keep them clean; I was under the impression that when you turned them on, they were supposed to drop and relevel each time?!

Thats exactly what mine do. You can see it when you start the car - the blue hue of the light first goes down, and then the self leveller raises the light as it illuminates to its white colour. Do you have your lights on Auto or do you turn them on manually at the stalk?

I have mine set on Auto - no sure if that even makes a difference?

If not - I'd be down the dealer to get them to check the sensors over. Its an integral component that should be robust and not fail as quickly as other electronic parts on the car.

They are left on auto; I dont see the dip when I power on, just the lights come on and brighten up after a few seconds. Cheers.

They are left on auto; I dont see the dip when I power on, just the lights come on and brighten up after a few seconds. Cheers.

Do they alter when driving on high/low patches of road/country roads etc?

That may be a quick test to see if they do move - if they do, I wouldnt worry that they dont do so on ignition.