What's new

Type S rear splitter install

gazbills

Members
Reaction score
Car
Black 2007 Sport GT
Any help would be much appreciated. Stripped off the plastic strip of the bottom of the bumper (pain in the back side this was) but the Type S splitter I have sourced seams to tight to fit round the car. Does it need a fitting kit? Any one have a DIY at all?

Can I check that the type s splitter is the same for all 03 onwards accords? Code on the splitter is 08F03-SEAA-0M-00

Thanks in advance,
Gareth

Hey bud,were have you been :) ,I take it that you have a facelift,if so,then then I'm pretty sure a pre facelift splitter won't fit :( this is due to slight differences in the rear bumper, I had the same problem bud when trial fitting mine(although mine was fiberglass rep,which now proudly belongs to crespo),is your splitter for facelift bumper bud? Even my facelift front splitter is really tight around the corners,(when fitting it,I thought at one point that it was too small,that's how tight it fits)so its normal,not sure but should it not bolt underneath too?

while i know the rear splitters change..wasn't sure about the bumpers so digged in a bit...I've attached pics of an 04 and 06 bumper...you can't tell much from the pics but if you look near the exhaust there do seem to be some difference in the flaring around it....but i'm not sure..maybe it would cause a problem but maybe it could be a tight fit also if it's just the bit around the corners?

Attachments

• 04 rear bumper.jpg
    04 rear bumper.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 06 rear bumper.jpg
    06 rear bumper.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 30
facelift bumpers only fit facelift splitters... mine fitted perfect they jut simply hang on the the existing bumper with a pre fitted double sided tape and two screws in the arches that's al...

if I was you mate best to get genuine Honda splitters for pre facelift/facelift it's the only way you will get perfection :)

just to add the stock pre facelift and stock facelift rear and front bumpers and also the side skirts are completely different shape to one another that's why you seem to get a tight fit... when I fitted mine last year it wasn't tight at all just a nice snug fit... it pays off to get genuine body parts for correct year of car... trust me :)

Hi Gav
Is this splitter a genuine or after market?
I remember when I installed my brother body kit recently on his Civic coupe the rear splitter was tight to fit. I had to modify it slighly to take away some of the pressure. However the front one was a genione lip and that fitted very easily.
If you do have the corret year ect then it sounds like its an aftermarket part and this will require some modifications to fit properly. I had to cut mine slighly on the inner arch area of the lip make it fit properly and then use self tapping screws to hold the whole lot up properly. However I paid a fraction of the cost for the splitter so it didnt really bother me.

the rear bumpers are slightly different,as i found out when trying to fit a pre facelift rear splitter of my facelift,its the bumper itself on the facelift,as Alnug correctly points out,the facelift bumper is ever so slightly flared out.

It is a genuine Honda splitter but I think your all right, appears to be pre facelift unfortunately. :( Facelift flares out more making the width slightly larger.

Looks like it may be a call to Honda and get a brand new one. Bought this one from local bumper centre. Will be in the for sale section in next few days so keep your eyes peeled if anyone out there is after one.

Thanks anyway guys.

It is a genuine Honda splitter but I think your all right, appears to be pre facelift unfortunately. :( Facelift flares out more making the width slightly larger.

Looks like it may be a call to Honda and get a brand new one. Bought this one from local bumper centre. Will be in the for sale section in next few days so keep your eyes peeled if anyone out there is after one.

Thanks anyway guys.

sorry to hear that buddy,but since its an original splitter than should not really be a problem when trying to sell it...
i picked mine off ebay from a honda dealer for a facelift(so you can get them)but was a rare occasion(and its in silver,so will need painting)but if i rmemeber i picked it up for 130.00