What's new

Type-V front disc size

AcesHigh

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type V
I had the car in for her major service today and the front discs were replaced also. I supplied the discs for the garage to fit while they were doing the timing belt etc.

They rang me saying the discs I had supplied were too big - they are 300mm, and when I went to pick the car up they showed me and they were definitely bigger than what came off the car.

I have looked on the Lings site and front discs are listed at 15" (38cm?!). Various other sites list the 2.3 Type-V as having 300mm disks the same as the Type-R.

Can anyone else with a 2.3 Type-V confirm once and for all the size of the front discs?

Is it possible that in the past my car has been fitted with smaller discs incorrectly from the 1.8 or 2l models? - would it be possible to fit smaller discs & have the callipers fit etc?

Cheers,
Colin

Im pretty sure no Accord earlier the 7th gen came with more than 282mm front discs. Not sure about the type r ,someone else can confirm that.

I therefore would imgine that the size that came off your car were 282mm, the same as the 2.0 and 1.8 versions.

Easiest way to tell would be to check the stud pattern, if they are 5 stud, they are off the type r, all other accords came with 282mm 4 stud.

I don't understand it then, the discs that I bought are 300mm, the old ones that came off the car and the new ones that have gone on are definitely smaller.

The 2.3 model is a 5 stud fitment, but someone obviously makes smaller discs for it!

I'm going to ring HH tomorrow if I get the chance and check with them. I need to return a part that was sent in error anyway. Will update once I have more info.

The ATR has 300mm disks on the front. All other models have 282 mate. Sounds like you've been sent the wrong disks dude.

Craig mate the 5 stud pattern was also available on the later 6th gens, as well as the ATVs, ATRs, and some, not all of the sport models :)

Craig mate the 5 stud pattern was also available on the later 6th gens, as well as the ATVs, ATRs, and some, not all of the sport models :)

Typical car manufacturers! Always ****** messing, just confuses matters, always had this problem with fords, went to get some brake hoses once, there were 9 different types that might fit my car, not even giving the registration number helped!!

Right, bring this thread to a close...

Honda list the front discs for the Type-V at 15 inches (approx 380mm). Honda are wrong! There is no way you will fit a 380mm disc to the Type-V.

Loads of brake supplier websites state the front discs are 300mm (same as the Type-R), as does the National catalogue (where I got my discs from). They are all wrong.

Blueprint state 282mm discs for the Type-V (4 & 5 stud depending on engine size & year). Blueprint are correct.

In summary, the 2001 facelift Honda Accord 2.3l Type-V hatchback with 5 stud hubs will only accept 282mm front discs.

End of!

Right, bring this thread to a close...

Honda list the front discs for the Type-V at 15 inches (approx 380mm). Honda are wrong! There is no way you will fit a 380mm disc to the Type-V.

Loads of brake supplier websites state the front discs are 300mm (same as the Type-R), as does the National catalogue (where I got my discs from). They are all wrong.

Blueprint state 282mm discs for the Type-V (4 & 5 stud depending on engine size & year). Blueprint are correct.

In summary, the 2001 facelift Honda Accord 2.3l Type-V hatchback with 5 stud hubs will only accept 282mm front discs.

End of!
Nice one Colin im glad you got to the bottom of this.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Colin FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one dude!