What's new

Tyre pressure

theballboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 accord cdti
Anyone know how I can find out correct tyre pressure for my accord. It's on 19" alloys. Do I just do a search on the tyre size or is it same for all diesel accords? Cheers

As the 7th never came with 19's from the factory you won't find it on any stickers. With the diesel engine, I find around 35psi all round works best.

As the 7th never came with 19's from the factory you won't find it on any stickers. With the diesel engine, I find around 35psi all round works best.
Same here - 35psi all round. I think the standard recommended pressure is 29-30psi but going higher boosts fuel economy. I'd say 42psi seems a bit high!

8th gen recommends 38psi but both CJ and myself found this way too high, Ive found 35-36 psi is about right.

The factory recommendation for my facelift on 18" alloys is 38 psi all round. Less than that and the front tyres seem to look half flat all the time.

Matt

Take some care with those higher tyre pressures. I had my previous rear tyres worn out badly in the centre because of that.

Matt, 38psi will be on full load.

42 seems way too high on the mondeo.

Stick to whatever works best for you guys but remember higher pressures can be dangerous.

Yep also Tourer chaps watch high pressures on the rear as if its not loaded up it can get a little tasty under hard braking.

Matt, 38psi will be on full load.

Cheer Fahad i didn't realise that related to the fully loaded pressure. I was just going by what the sticker said near the drivers door.

The car was on 33 psi when i got it which is definitely to low for the fronts so i'll try splitting the difference and see how i get on.

Ta
Matt

I was checking mine this morning, as the front right looked a little soft, "Half Flat" I think I read somewhere up there ^ does about describe it.

Both front were reading 29, but right definitely looked a bit softer than left. I stuck them up to 35. I've usually run my cars on 30 - 32. I'll see how that keeps / runs.