What's new

Tyre spec

ian earl

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer 2l
Hi guys sorry if this has been covered before but I am swapping 17" wheels on 2l accord tourer ,tyres are 225/45r17 94 load index to 15" 195/65r15 what is Honda's speed and load rating for this size of wheel/tyre on the tourer thanks
Ian

The owners manual doesn't give any info on Tyre specs - all the info should be on the sticky label in the Drivers Door Jamb. From memory the load Index is either 92 or 94.
Fitting 15"?? I hope that's a typo and you mean 16", even the 16" look to small for the car, 15" will look faaaaar to silly :)

Thanks guys sticker on door is for 17" wheels but found the original 15" info sticker under it .and yes am going to 15" fed up with tramlineing speed rateing is v. Load is 91

Get a good wheel alignment done and you can see a difference in the tramlining effect, hunter machines are recommended by the folk on here.
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/9435-wadering-sterring/page__p__105161__hl__hunter__fromsearch__1#entry105161

Thanks mr Honda I have had wheels done on hunter on 2 occasions and yes there is an improvement but as tyres ware tramlineing reappears . All suspension components have been checked (by a very fussy mechanic) all ok so now giving up on 17" wheels