What's new

tyre width

You're looking to go with a wider wheel, so just because the offset is lower, it does not mean the your wheel is narrower, I'd stick with the 225, but you may decide afterwards that 235 might be needed B)

what's the offset on these wheels and are you lowered? I've got 225/45 at the back 9" wide and offset 35, lowered about 30mm and rear arches has to be rolled, fronts are ok but there's 8" width

Mr Honda said:
You're looking to go with a wider wheel, so just because the offset is lower, it does not mean the your wheel is narrower, I'd stick with the 225, but you may decide afterwards that 235 might be needed B)
hello,

i dont understand what you mean regarding your first sentence? the oem wheel is 7.5 and the wheel i could be getting is 8.5. i will have to calculate the measurements closer...............i was just wandering if anyone has run 215 on a accord 8th?

brodziu said:
what's the offset on these wheels and are you lowered? I've got 225/45 at the back 9" wide and offset 35, lowered about 30mm and rear arches has to be rolled, fronts are ok but there's 8" width
im not lowered at the moment, and to be fair i dont think its gunna happen anytime soon due to ssaving up for a deposit :( have you got a link to your build thread?

click on "My CN2"in my signature there's my tread
tbh 215 won't be look good with standard suspension, narrow tyres are mostly fitted to slammed cars with wide rims to give a nice stretch otherwise I would stick with 225, find out what offset is on the wheels you're getting, so then we can find out if there will be issue with rubbing, but with oem suspension I wouldn't go lower than ET35.

brodziu said:
click on "My CN2"in my signature there's my tread
tbh 215 won't be look good with standard suspension, narrow tyres are mostly fitted to slammed cars with wide rims to give a nice stretch otherwise I would stick with 225, find out what offset is on the wheels you're getting, so then we can find out if there will be issue with rubbing, but with oem suspension I wouldn't go lower than ET35.
yer i was thinking thiis as i wont be lowering it for a few yeears i dont think.