What's new

Tyres

scottwaltonuk

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi finally found out I need a new set of tyres.
I have a few choices
Kumho ku39
Bridgestone re002
Falken ke914
Yokohamas bluearth
Avon ZV5

They are all about the same price around 300 for 4
225/45/17's
Anyone have any opinions on these or maybe even better suggestions

Thanks for your help

Hiya Scott,

I recently won 4 x Michelin Alpin 5 Winter Tyres from a well known auction site for my 8th gen Accord. £600 new but £280 to me as they were used (only 50 miles)
It looked like it too as you could still see that brand new little rubber nodules. Mega deal or what!

Anyhoo, I know Spring has just about sprung (it's March already) but they work a treat for me

I've not had any problems in the summer ("What summer?" you all shout out!) with previous Michelin Winter tyres on my 7th Gen Accord.

I recognise that winter tyres are supposed to be noisier, less economical and wear out quicker than all rounders or summer tyres.
I haven't experienced this myself and I'm still getting 700 + miles per tank of Asda diesel.

By the way, on the 7th gen I've got winter rears and "normal" fronts, which is something else you're advised NOT to do.

Warning! I don't drive like Ken Block around corners so ultimately it's up to you what you go for, I'm just telling you of my experience with winter tyres and let's face it, we get plenty of wet, if not winter weather here in the UK.