What's new

Tyres

Bad Dog

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2.CDTI
Hi looking for tyre recommendations. I've got a 2005 CDTi tourer currently fitted with Goodyear Eagle F1s 225/ 45R17 91V. Looking for something that has a stiffer side wall, the Goodyears even when properly inflated look flat especialy at the front. they grip well enough but initial turn in is a bit wooly. what have others fitted and what do you think of them ? Looking the best handling tyre I can find but at a reasonable cost tia.

My tourer running on avon ZV7s fronts inflated to 40 psi rears 35 psi.Theyre a good all rounder but not spectacular either in wet or dry but at £75 per corner still good value imo.Never lost grip in the wet so always felt safe cornering and they cut through standing water well even at motorway speeds.Nice quiet tyre in the dry and grip ok.Sorry unable to compare previous tyres on my tourer as i had these fitted when i bought car 2 years back.No "bulge" or flat look as the walls on these are strong and clear alloy face just enough to prevent curbing.I may actually try a 245 next set i buy...my wheels would accept a slightly wider tyre giving more grip.
Did try to upload pics but file sizes too large apparantly?

It will be the 45 profile that makes them look like rubber bands

I replaced mine last month with part worn Kumho Ecstas with 55 profile, the difference in road noise compared to the knackered ones is clear.