What's new

Under seat subwoofer for tourer

Original Nutta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2.4
I want to fit a subwoofer under the drivers seats in my tourer, has anyone done this? I don't want to put it in the booth as I need the space on a daily basis. Or can anyone suggest another place to put it

Usually best to put them under the passenger seat, as the drivers seat goes up and down.

My Subaru Legacy has one under the passenger seat. It's great till your kid rams a crisp packet under there and you think you've blown a speaker when you turn it up the next day.

I've done this with my saloon. I had to cut a hole in the carpet to make it fit and it just goes under with the seat in the lowest position for me.

I would prefer it under the drivers seats, but I'd need one that would fit when the seat is all the way down, if not will have to be under the passenger seat. Lol I'm dreading the crisp encounter. What under seat subs do you guys have?

My Subaru one is a genuine option. It's only an 8" and the carpet's actually recessed to accept it.
I'm ***uming it's a ke wood part, as all the other stereo equipment is.

You don't need much when it's up front.
Did Honda ever offer them as an option?

I got lucky last year and paid £30 for a new car-specific 10CD changer kit for the Subaru as its sat on their shelf for 6 years - would've been £350-odd back in the day.
Maybe there's a Honda dealer with a pile of optional stereo bits and no compatible cars to fit them to?

My Accord wagon has a fitted sub in the boot that sits in the right-hand recess by the tailgate.

Mine also has a sub installed in the same space but I want something bit more powerful. I also may need to change my speaker I think I have blown some of them.

Thanks for that Jack I think I'll go for that. Have you upgraded any of the speakers in your car?

I also want either aux or Bluetooth connection, is xcarlink the best for that? Currently I'm using a cheapo Bluetooth fm transmitter sound quality is poor, plus it hogs the lighter port