What's new

Understeer/uncomfortable

SIlverCloud

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2I-CTDI
After MOT passed i noticed that car started to understeer alot also it became very uncomfortable thats scarying me to drive at high speed in corners (especialy when road is wet)and ****ing that i can feel all bumps.Before car was very comfortable and steering worked fine.i checked springs they seem to be fine MOT advisor is only,, nearside rear Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a ball joint".Im thinking that my shock absorbers went wrong.Car have 140k miles on it and on service book no bookmark about springs or shock absorbers change.(as i know its good to change them every 50k miles).Before spending money on new springs and shock absorbers want to hear any other ideas that can cause this.thanks

By the way when bought car on a bumps i could hear shock absorbers working(GAS) now no sound how to check them as they filled with GAS i cant see any leak?

Hard to diagnose anything over the Internet, but it does sound like you're barking up the right tree.

Have you pushed down on the front corners of the car to see what happens?
Very crude test, but if the shock's totally FUBAR you'll get some indication based on wether you have no movement, or if it bounces.

Yes i did and its doesnt bounce in the front driver side is a bit tighter than on passanger side.But still car very uncomfortable to ride.Im thinking is it worth buying used ones?