What's new

Using Handsfree Telephone (HFT) System

StevieGill

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX GT Tourer
Decided to try and connect my iPhone with the Accord, fitted with the HFT system......

Is it me or is trying to import your contacts the most annoying thing in the world? I've tried manually 'speaking' the numbers in, only to confuse the lovely lady every time, and are getting a little frustrated now.

Is there an easy way of importing your entire phonebook, or at least the important contacts?

Steve

Yes Steve once your phone is paired you can import the entire phone.
You need to press the phone button on the centre console from memory and it will give you an option to import phone.
I will have a look tonight to double check what button you need to press.

Once you import, you then add the people you want into HFT so you can speak their names.
Took me a bit to figure it out, but works grand now

Just checked and it's the info button.
Click on this and a few commands come up on the screen.Scroll to phone and then it gives you the option to import new phone.

l_Zeke_l said:
Once you import, you then add the people you want into HFT so you can speak their names.
Took me a bit to figure it out, but works grand now
This is the bit that is baffling me. I cannot seem to make it work and have tried many times with the manual in front of me and in the end figured that you can either import a phone book OR have HFT where you can speak out names. Did you just follow the manual or is a there a short cut (for thickos like me! Thanks,

You have to record a name and then ***ign it to that number ... So when you then command it to 'call whoever ' it recognises what you have manually recoreded yourself , its all in the guide hope that helps

I went with Brett's suggestion - info button, import etc and it works great! Put the manual down (it's the most complicated and poorly written thing on the planet).

Once the imports have been done, search for whoever - wife, mum, G/F etc. Once their number is up, press up on the guidance button (can't remember the proper name). This will give you the option to import the number to HFT. Press the button and it'll read the number to you, before asking what you want to call it. Press the HFT button on the steering wheel, and after the beep, say whoever's number it is. It will then repeat it back to you (bit of a pause first) and ask if that's correct. Press the HFT button again and say yes.

I've done this for the 12 most commonly used numbers, and will start to add the next in the coming days.

Hope this helps?

Steve

Thanks both. All done. One thing though, if i update my addressbook and reimport it, i guess all the hft stored names will need to be done again. Yikes.

I have never known such a poorly designed system. It is supposed to be a technological solution presumably to keep you safe whilst driving, but it actually creates more of a hazard. On other cars I have owned without a hands free I have installed the excellent and intuitive Parrot hands free system. On other makes and models that do have hands free, my address book once paired simply appears on the screen. But not Honda. What were they thinking?

Goodplan53 said:
I have never known such a poorly designed system. It is supposed to be a technological solution presumably to keep you safe whilst driving, but it actually creates more of a hazard. On other cars I have owned without a hands free I have installed the excellent and intuitive Parrot hands free system. On other makes and models that do have hands free, my address book once paired simply appears on the screen. But not Honda. What were they thinking?
Have to agree here. I thought that once the phone was paired and the phonebook imported that I'd get at least the caller id but no.