What's new

valuation gen 7?

chips

Members
Reaction score
Car
Exige S2, Accord S
Hi,

Just looking for opinions on the value of my car as I wish to price it correctly comes the time to selling it in the coming month.

Gen 7 accord Type S
Silver
2 owners (I am the 2nd owner since Feb 2012)
Miles: 50,100 (rising slowly as been used)
Full Honda service history (9 annual service! Plus brake fluid change with Racing Blue fluid + goodridge hoses last June.
17 Epilson alloys (premium tyres: 2 Michelin pilot sport/rear,2 Michelin primacy/front)

This post is to gauge the value of my car and does not intend to be an advert. However, if this is contravene any forum guidelines, I am happy for my post to be deleted.
Thanks

its a 2.4 thats 10 years old.... your looking around the 3k ish mark.

I dont mean to offend but unfortunately the accord isnt worth an awful lot these days :(

Forgot to say, it's a 2.0l petrol.
No offence taken :) At this price, I will most likely donate the car to my niece to replace her clapped out R plate Fiesta!
I bought the accord as a stop gap anyway. It's done the job, and it's time to move on.
Thanks.

2.0 can probably say add an extra 500 -1k on the price.

even then thats being kind...
a quick look on auto trader and such will help your valuation

£2800 on a very good day unfortunately. They are a stunning used buy but not a great car to sell.

try http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/used-car-prices/Honda/Accord+%282003-08%29/

£2800 on a very good day unfortunately. They are a stunning used buy but not a great car to sell.

As the guys said 3k tops I think.But it's a lot of car for that money

try http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/used-car-prices/Honda/Accord+%282003-08%29/
According to that link my CLK is worth £5500.

Either I got the sale of the century or its not very accurate considering I gave £4200 for it. It also lists my old Accord as being worth 850 quid more than I got for it after 4 weeks of trying to get rid of it and having to drop the price a couple of times. I found autotrader a far more accurate valuation tool. Ebay cars are always over priced or heaps.

TBO I don't rate these price buy site.
The best way iv always priced cars for sell is look on Auto trader and compaire these cars being sold.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only get to see asking price on Autotrader, not the money that was actually paid.

According to that link my CLK is worth £5500.

Either I got the sale of the century or its not very accurate considering I gave £4200 for it. It also lists my old Accord as being worth 850 quid more than I got for it after 4 weeks of trying to get rid of it and having to drop the price a couple of times. I found autotrader a far more accurate valuation tool. Ebay cars are always over priced or heaps.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you end up selling the Accord for?

retail 5,325
The valuations quoted are prices you should aim to pay for a used car, not the advertised price. You should adjust your valuation to allow for extras that were not standard specification.
Sell your car now

Buy a warranty now

Private Good: £3,945
Private Average: £2,945
Private Poor: £2,105
Part Exchange: £3,335
Trade: £3,008

this came up for mine, tbh mine is the dogs dangles, don't want to sell at all but would expect 4k

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you end up selling the Accord for?
£2500

I wanted 3k for it and I feel it was worth every penny of 3k but people will only pay the going rate and with a lot of Accords being to old to put on forecourts the part ex cars are finding there way to used car dealers for peanuts who can afford to sell them cheap and still make a profit which is effecting the used car market.
A used Accord really is a great buy at the moment if you have between 2 and 3k to spend.

I had quite a lot of interest in my 2004 2.4 recently and solid offers of £3200.

I decided to keep it in the end as I couldn't find anything to replace it with for the same money.

retail 5,325
The valuations quoted are prices you should aim to pay for a used car, not the advertised price. You should adjust your valuation to allow for extras that were not standard specification.
Sell your car now

Buy a warranty now

Private Good: £3,945
Private Average: £2,945
Private Poor: £2,105
Part Exchange: £3,335
Trade: £3,008

this came up for mine, tbh mine is the dogs dangles, don't want to sell at all but would expect 4k

Trust me mate you wouldn't get 4k.

This 270 cdi with full dealer history and fully loaded cost me £4200. Same age as yours as well with 110k.

20121119_144113.jpg

I had quite a lot of interest in my 2004 2.4 recently and solid offers of £3200.

I decided to keep it in the end as I couldn't find anything to replace it with for the same money.
That was about a month ago IIRC and second time (because you did the same in the summer IIRC).

100% immaculate. Top price for any 2004 2.4 I'd say.

That was about a month ago IIRC and second time (because you did the same in the summer IIRC).

100% immaculate. Top price for any 2004 2.4 I'd say.

Yep, and Yep.

Infuriates me does the damn thing......it is such a 'nice' car! :wacko:

Sometimes I wish I had a temperamental old dog of a car that sometimes made me cry but other times made me laugh my bleeding head off!

Still keep trawling the classifieds for an M5 or summat.

Just can't find a sensible reason to ditch the Accord though!.....................I'm trapped! :D

anyone who will drive my accord will be be well impressed, i know cars are going for peanuts so at the end of the day punters win. having said that i would not sell this for 3k, not a hope.

regarding accords, i would imagine a significant proportion of them doing the rounds would need quite some work, the chances of getting one pristine would be pretty slim, especially in the 2-3k area, you get what you pay for and with accords you sure as hell pay for it to get right.

tbh i could barely get a 2 month old samsung tv sold up here and had it vastly reduced, people nowadays are as tight as a ducks crack when it comes to spending money.

As mentioned they are a super second hand car to get, if you get a good cl9 04/05 with low miles for sub 3/4k you would be doing well. But I think many of the ones going for cheap are not such a good buy at all. And I won't buy a Honda again, parts too much!

As mentioned they are a super second hand car to get, if you get a good cl9 04/05 with low miles for sub 3/4k you would be doing well. But I think many of the ones going for cheap are not such a good buy at all. And I won't buy a Honda again, parts too much!

Mine was absolutely mint and would not have looked out of place at a dealers, full history the lot and I had spent about 2k on it. Doesn't mean it was worth any more than the going rate though unfortunately.

Ex spec with type S kit and brand new 18 inch wheels and tyres and had recently had 800 quid of paint work to make it immaculate plus much more.

Unfortunately the 7th gen has been superseded and that always effects the value, not to mention the 2.4 engine scares people at the moment with the rising fuel and tax costs.

It's a shame as it really is a great car but it's value is starting to plummet which is part of the reason I parted with mine.

its a win win for punters so, i don't get this thing of people ****ing themselves over a 2.4 so what, i get as much miles from a tank (more i think) than my old 1.8 mondeo.

even a modern diesel would probably get say 200miles more on a tank, don't think you would get any more than that but then you factor in the issues that arise with diesels and its hardly worth the fuss.

my accord is mint also, for 9 year old car drives like a train. I look at cars on the way to work and hardly none of them would make me want to change over to what they are driving.

doesn't help that most people up here think 2.4s are for people hell built on global destruction. :p