What's new

Value of K24

Alan85

Reaction score
Car
TypeS
Hi all,

After nearly 11 years of ownership, my 2003 TypeS has come to the end. Alternator failure is the final nail in the coffin and with a big list of advisory’s that will fail on the next MOT in 2 months, I’ve decided it’s time to call it a day. 160000 miles, dash has more lights on than a Christmas tree and she’s looking/feeling her age. Heartbroken!

So the question is. What’s she worth? I ***umed it wouldn’t be a lot as effectively a non runner without fixing the alternator, but seen in a few places the K24 engine is sought after? Had someone randomly in a garage give me their number a while ago if I was to ever get rid of her as they were interested in the engine as a donor. Really have no idea if its worth the hassle of selling her or just scrapping.

Thanks in advance

Anywhere between £800-£1100 depending on mileage and condition.

People use these engines and the k20s for conversions so worth selling on to get some money back out of your car.

I was looking on eBay earlier for used K24 parts (not looked for a long time) and noticed the engines sell for £500+ which surprised me. So a complete car without an engine issue is definitely worth selling on rather than scrapping.

What cars do people use the engines in then?