What's new

vibration and shudder between 65~70

rhinogolf

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th&8th gen tourers
Hi all the cars is shuddering and bad vibration through steering at 65~70 just had 4 wheel alignment done made it better but still there any ideas

I had a similar problem with the rear offside of my tourer which turned out to be an out of round tyre. At a shade over 70 mph (whilst overtaking of course !) it stared gradually then built up to what felt like a flat tyre. Most disconcerting !

All good once that was swapped. Thinking back, when I first spotted the car in the dealers car park the same tyre was flat so it may perahps have been like that for a while before sale.

HTH
Robin

Also have you had your wheel balance checked.

Could be a tyre issue but I would suspect driveshafts, DMF, or balancing

Been back to were got tyres from the back tyres were slightly out of balance they re balanced them now car is worse would this be down to having 4 wheel alignment in between tyres been re balanced as for DMF had clutch and dmf changed last year but have done 80k since but have had remap,not checked driveshaft yet as was hoping just tyres out of balance.

In that case, it does sound like either a balancing issue or damaged wheel, although if the wheel was damaged, it should have been picked up when balancing. Then again, it does sound like the guys you used to balance are a bit shoddy. I would take it to somewhere trusted to get them rebalanced, then see what happens.

If wheels were not round it would be difficult to balance them when fittin new tyres. As the wheel rotates its very easy to see a buckled wheel.

Does the judder appear when at a constant speed or accelerating? I had it when accelerating. It was due to a knackered driveshaft. When putting torque through the driveshaft it would judder. Not when braking or any other time.

Hope you get it sorted. B)

check ball joints too. :)
I had similar problem 55-65 bad shaking (not on steering wheel) but still ***umed wheel balance could drive through it but not had a balance problem prevously in 98k miles tourer 2.2 ctdi.
Had front wheels balanced no change.
had rear wheels balanced no change but large balance weight needed on near side rear wheel. I believed problem near side as far as vibration.
Wondered if a strange problem on rear wheel. Bought second hand wheel with reasonable tyre and had balanced. No change.
Checked all wheel bearings drive shaft joints could find no problem. Possibly some backlash on diff so was unsure about that.
Read on a forum drive shaft problem likely if under acceleration problem worse.
I had not noticed that and found up hill acceleration was bad down hill low acceleartion car was OK.
Was not sure which drive shaft.
Decided was near side vibration and went for that.
decided would use low milage accident spare but read on a forum could be corrosion so perhaps age rather than wear mileage problem.
So decided on an alternative suipply to Honda (it had failed) and the alternative 3 year warranty @ £110
Replaced near side shaft checked on removal could feel no problems on the shaft and would have bet the wrong shaft replaced.
Tested car problem solved

I had the same problem a while ago £1000 later all sorted, unfortunately I had trail and error with Honda but to sleep better I changed both shafts. Not a problem since. The Honda mechanic said the shafts can easy last 150k miles and recommended I buy a second hand one from a scrappy. To be fair didn't have time and was more simple for me to play to get it done ASAP.

hi i have this problem and just want too let you guys know inner cv joints are very loose and im guessing this is my problem.
i have new shafts on order 105euro each...

ill keep you all updated when i fit them as this is a common problem

king regards

hi i have this problem and just want too let you guys know inner cv joints are very loose and im guessing this is my problem.
i have new shafts on order 105euro each...

ill keep you all updated when i fit them as this is a common problem

king regards
Well mine as vanished but clutch and dual-mass flywheel just been changed so obviously flywheel was the culprit for me

Hi guys
just home from garage after i changed both drive shafts.. Problem solved no vibration

kind regards