What's new

Vibration Damper?

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi

I've just noticed a structure under the car. It is bolted to the underside at aprox. a point just back from the engine and in the centre. It looks like it could be a dampener of sorts and is supported inside a metal frame on either side by small rubber supports. I have looked on Lings website at all their scematics for body parts but have been unable to locate it. The supports on mine seem to have broken thus causing it to flap about a bit.

Can anyone tell me what it is for and what it is called so that I can try and get one.

Hope the above makes sense
Regards

Its not the heat shield from the exhaust by any chance.Can you get a photo up this might help.

Sounds like you are describing an engine mount?

Hi Guys

Since posting, I have had a word with a dealer who says that it is a Dynamic Damper but is not sure what it specifically does. ****** expensive though £43+

If I knew how to attach a picture would send one.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Since posting, I have had a word with a dealer who says that it is a Dynamic Damper but is not sure what it specifically does. ****** expensive though £43+

Ah, is this on the subframe? The damper does exactly that, reduce the noise from the engine though the rest of the car.

There's a similar one on the drive shafts

I know exactly what you're on about.
part 15

There's also 1 behind the front bumper, and another in the boot on the underside of the speaker shelf (but I can't find the diagram for that one).
part 22