What's new

Vibrations.....

brunlea

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord cdti
Hi,

Initially i had a problem with my car where there was a vibration at around 55mph to 60mph. The vibration was not through the steering wheel, but more under foot. It was happening only when accelerating through this range, and so my mechanic recommended to replace the driveshaft (driver side). That i did and it improved the vibration somewhat but not totally.

The vibration appears to be back and now happens across a greater range in speed. Is there something else that would be causing the issue?

Also, the steering wheel vibrates slightly at around 70mph, but i am guessing this is due to wheel balancing? I had the wheels balanced but the vibration still happens. My car did slide into a kerb and the alloy wheel could be damaged maybe which could be causing this. Would a wheel refurb sort this issue out and anyone know what it is likely to cost?

Man, these vibrations are irritating.

Thanks

Maybe need check another driveshaft.

try switching your rear wheels to the front to eliminate wheel buckle, Failing that it could be flywheel related.

I've swapped my tyres front to back, but no difference. I guess i will have to take it to my mechanic and get him to check it over again.

Maybe check out the disc, hub or as Thomas allready said the driveshaft considering the fact that you hit a kerb.