What's new

Views on how to get DAB radio in 8th generation

silverman166

Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-dtec EX-T 2010
Unless I'm searching in the wrong place there is a surprising dearth of information on DAB for my 2010 Accord 2.2i-DTEC EX with satnav.

There are a number of addon units available on the market, but some first hand opinions on them would be most useful.

I'd like a unit which can be hidden out of sight that uses the current radio display to show station and what's playing info. Are such units available, and if so how easy are they to fit, do they use steering wheel controls and how good are they?

Anyone, please?

Thanks.

Hi.
I have fitted a Honda DAB plug in unit to my 8th Gen EX, not sure if its still available. Part number 08D02-TL0-KIT I believe it was made by Autodab. i made a guide that was on a now defunded site, however I have the pictures from another member on a LH drive install. The process is still the same. For some reason I am unable to attach files that are only 200Kb in size, or any size for that matter.

If you sent me a PM with your email address I will email all I have, install pictures, Install instructions & user guide.

In my opinion you will need to install an external aerial as the provided stick on one is not much use! as a lot of the DAB stations are missing.

May be available here:- https://audiovisualworld.co.uk/hond...car-radio-dab-converter-autodab-rf-honda.html

Hi.

Thanks for your reply to my post. The unit is available from Audio Visual World, and I'd certainly like to receive any info you have re-fitting etc.
Unfortunately when I try to start a conversation using smokingman as recipient, for some reason it reports an error, and won't send it. I'm ***uming that is what you mean by a PM (I'm relatively new to this sort of thing).

Just a few queries if you don't mind:- can you confirm that your Accord is fitted with the satnav module, as I've somehow got the impression that something special is required for this?
Also does the original radio display show all the details usually broadcast on DAB radios ie station, name of song, singer etc, and do the steering wheel and other controls for the radio function in the same way, or is it mainly controlled by the remote unit they supply? Mention is also made of a voice prompt menu system, which I ***ume replaces the remote to somehow extent, so how effective is that, please?

Regards

Peter

Last edited:
Hi Peter.

I have sent you a PM message.

My Accord is an 09 tourer EX with Satnav fitted. The display will show DAB as off when not turned on and radio station when turned on that is all it displays as far as I can see, it is full controlled by the steering wheel controls. Don't know about voice control as I never use mine as it's quicker to use the manual controls for what ever function.

Regards.

John