What's new

Vin Check

feryyjam

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer 2003 2.0
Just did a quick check on my car to make sure there was no recall for the airbags and it came up with two other recalls

accord stabiliser bar & bush (is this front or back anyone know)

the other was for the headlight clips which ive read about and seems fairly pointless

Hello,Roddy,could you post link,where you can check vin.

Thanks for posting.

Shame they do not talk to us, rather us chase them! had the clips fitted on recall, no mention of stab bar bushes then, had a rattle a couple of years later and found the bushes and control rods were shot, they were replaced but not by Honda uk. What's the chances of reclaiming the cost would you think LOL. aLSO WHILE THEY ARE AT IT have they investigated the ***** rear brake setup on the tourer? I think not!! Does Honda uk read this forum???

Hmmm. I get pud : accord stabiliser bar & bush too. Anyone know what this one is about?

Hmmm. I get pud : accord stabiliser bar & bush too. Anyone know what this one is about?
This must be a relatively new recall, I last checked about 6 months ago and there was nothing listed then.

Just rung my local dealer.

They checked the system and found no outstanding work for my car. Nor was he aware of any stabiliser/bush campaign on the Accord :(

I'd be interested to know if anyone else gets any further info on this one.

hI just read this thread and phoned local honda strangly enough arnt aware of the bar/ bushes work needed, if it was required honda would have written to me.
Probably because this is free work so dont seem interested not like a main agent is it ? But say that they will look into it and ring me back, not holding my breath till then though.
regards john

I tried enter my vin and said not found? 17 digits on the passenger window footwell, checked a few times no good.

hmmm

I tried enter my vin and said not found? 17 digits on the passenger window footwell, checked a few times no good.

hmmm

I took mine off the V5. It took me a couple of goes to get it to work, seems like it might be case sensitive?

Hi further to earlier post, local honda dealer did call back to check reg number & vin number. No outstanding work needed on my car and no recall on accords for stabiliser or bushes.
So i then contacted honda uk to be told a similar story, but checked again when i said that i was sat looking at their webpage saying there was he said that it was news to him it was an update not a recall problem also was informed my car was not on the list for outstanding work as it must have been done rcently by main agents. I told them the car has not been anywhere near for quite a while so thats not been done.
This is now an (official customer concern) whatever that means and honda uk will get back to me within 5 working days, when they do we might even find out which end back or front or if or when they are going to do it. Will keep you posted.
regards john.

I also phoned my local dealer today (Ash Honda in Yeovil) and after speaking to Honda UK they phoned me back to say that the recall is for cars delivered in Lithuania and Poland and not the UK.
Apparently it's a problem with the online system. They apologised and said the system will be updated to correct the problem.

I also phoned my local dealer today (Ash Honda in Yeovil) and after speaking to Honda UK they phoned me back to say that the recall is for cars delivered in Lithuania and Poland and not the UK.
Apparently it's a problem with the online system. They apologised and said the system will be updated to correct the problem.
Thanks a lot for that useful feedback and info.

Your vehicle's fine and requires no current work.

case sensitive indeed, need CAPS.

good to go then.

hmmm
It's a 'ringer' Eric... take it somewhere quiet and burn it before the cops come after you. You know it makes sense.

EDIT - just seen your last post... DO NOT BURN IT. My bad.

did a few checks on this car before i got it, down to and including checking the V5 against the chassis (vin) number.

so was never in doubt.