What's new

VSA error code 84-1 reset fix success..paperclip method

raffy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.4l Exec Auto
Hi folks,
Been having a wee bit of fun with EML codes on my 2.4 vtec Accord...first I was getting a couple of O2 sensor codes (I think because of a loose airbox)..reset them with my own OBD reader but thought I'd better get them checked out by my trusted Japanese garage guru. Plugged in his laptop OBD and checked out the sensors realtime etc and all was well. While he was there he noticed that there was an old 84-1 code but that must have been reset when the seller of the car replaced a wheel sensor before I got the car. Anyway, guru reset all codes and that was that. Drove 100 yards down the road and the VSA warning light popped up...back to the garage and it appears that the 84-1 code was back (I'd driven the car about 3000 miles previous and no 84-1 code). I suspect that when he'd done a master reset something got knocked out and VSA took a wobble. Anyway, after hearing about the old paperclip reset method I came across this video
youtube.com/watch?v=3f11x3XGRns

by MTLJack. Really explains all of the necessary steps to reset the ABS and VSA warning lights. Gave it a go this morning, lights gone and after a quick run around the block above 20mph no sign of the lights (ie triangular I and VSA). I can also press the VSA button and the I triangle goes on and off as it should...and no VSA warning in the lower LCD display. Fingers crossed that's that ! I found a number of posts on various forums about this method but the video is the best at explaning it for a noob like me. hope it helps anyone in a similar situation and saves forking out cash at Honda to plug their HDS in !