What's new

VSA

arsenal43

Reaction score
Car
06 accord 2.2 diesel
VSA light and warning light to (get system checked) stayed on this morning when i started my 06 accord, after trying different options it still remained. Finally went to the local Honda dealer who plugged into the diagnostic equipment and the result being the VSA modulator had failed, £1935.00 to replace and fit. shock horror. Luck was on my side as the modulator had an extended warranty by Honda of 62000 miles or 6 year old car so i just crept in the warranty.
This may be old news to some of you but if anybody out there falls within this warranty period get you car checked if you don,t want a shock.
Apparently the modulators were faulty when originally fitted by Honda hence the extension.

Welcome Mark and good news for the VSA unit but we are aware of this problem :) have a look at the link.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1432-vsa-modulator-light/

I have these lights on at the min, have been on for around 3 weeks. when I say on they can come on for a few days then they will go off a few and this continues?? so I don't know what the problem is, seems more electrical. Even when they are on the car is safe and drives as normal! I cant afford 2k and the car is only worth 3k lol.

hi abs sensor pickups (especially at the rear are a bit of an achilies heel for any cdti pre face-lift i.e. '07) bout 165 quid a piece and easy enough replace yourself bud. ecu will then sort itself out. also on any cars around 78-80k look out for clock springs going which will throw up a airbag light and will be an m.o.t failure for sure al