What's new

wandering and rear tyres

het brett has that induction kit made much difference ?
Its great mate i would recommend it to anyone.Also Steve has done this mod and is over the moon with it.

what is it a k@n ?
Yes mate but Steve done a DIY version at a fraction of the cost have a look in 7th gen mods i think.
Hear you go have a look http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12190-diy-cold-air-intake-for-7th-gen-petrol/

micelin pilot sports , i dont do much towing but the camber was in spec so i will just keep my eye on them
That's what I use, and I think most people here recommend them too.

I've been through all my receipts, and tbh I'm now uncertain if it is my bearings that are alone responsible for the noise. Here is the history of my tyres and steering wander and hum from the back.

Jan 2006 - bought the car, it had factory fitted Yokohama's , and it literally wandered all over the road.
May 2006 - swapped the front Yokohama's for new Michelins, and the wander stopped.
May 2008 - swapped the rear Yokohama's for new Michelins, and the car felt perfect.
Aug 2009 - swapped the front Michelins for new Pirellis, and the wander came back, though not as bad as when it was Yokohama's.
Aug 2010 - dealer service said that rear bearings needed replacing. I had noticed a very slight hum, but thought I'd wait for 2nd opinion.
Nov 2010 - took the car for MOT where I've been going to for 25 years and mentioned dealer. MOT man said bearings not even an advisory.
Aog 2011 - dealer service said that rear bearings needed replacing. Yeah sure.
Oct 2011 - swapped the rear Michelins to the front, and bought cheap new tyres for the back. Not sure if that made the hum louder.
Nov 2011 - took the car for MOT where I've been going to for 25 years and mentioned hum. MOT man said bearings not even an advisory, but showed me there was a barely audible clicking.
Nov 2011 - bought new discs from HH, as well as new rear bearings, but not fiitted them yet.

Steve is correct I do tow and with the weight on the rear it will wear your inside of the tyre more.
I'm still waiting for the tyres to wear out compleaty then I will get my camber kit fitted.
When the tyres are gone I will get 4 new tyres and my adjustable cambers fitted all in one go.

Do you have a tourer or saloon?