What's new

Warranty extension or not?

JLPK

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I bought a 10 plate VTEC ES 2 litre petrol 8th gen in January with 9000 miles on the clock. The car has been perfect, but has still only covered 16000 miles. So my questions is whether I should extend my honda warranty in January or not? Normally this has been a no brainer fpor me with Hondas, I didn't bother with warranty on my 7th gen and was massively quids in 6 years and 70000 miles later whan it had never failed. But my 8th gen has only covered 16000 miles, which is no sort of proving mileage for a car, so I don't know just how durable the 2 litre petrol 8th gen is. Does anybody have one with huge mileage to comment on the car's long term durability?

Mine almost up to 70k miles/5 years now. No problems so far. I guess it depends how much the warranty is?

If its only £250 or so, might be worth it, but if they want more than that, I personally wouldnt bother. Its a petrol Accord with low miles, only 3 years old, as long as you get it serviced when it needs it, should be fine.

Also if you keep the Honda service history up and something big goes, Honda should give you a goodwill payment towards the cost, even out of warranty.

The warranty costs on Hondas are fairly low so if you can find a competitive deal which your happy with, then it's definately worth it if only for the peace of mind. However, it's also a Petrol Honda and not to be ****y but they hardly ever go wrong, so you've got peace of mind there and you could invest in an AA or RAC membership for punctures and such things, it's been very helpful when the ignition module went wrong on my 6th gen, the dealer wanted something like 500, when we mentioned the AA the cost went down to 200 and we had to pay our excess of 100.

as with all things mechanical/electrical, there is always the possibility of failure. even with new cars/appliances or whatever. its an insurance policy,so like all of your other policies, its really only worth the money if you need to use it...but if you ever do...feels good to know you are covered. I would say the Honda ones are pretty good value. should be able to get one for around £275 or so.