What's new

was asked to provide pic for power wire for amp..

simovtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
well BarryCPR asked me to provide a pic as to where the grommit is to get a power aire through for aftermarket amp..

so thought i would post to everyone incase anyone is wanting to do the same..

the grommit is located behind the drivers strut top mount down where you have no way of reaching.. so you need to get inside the car and lie down under the steering wheel.. look up above the acceleration pedal and you will see some wires going through a rubber grommit.. this is the grommit yous need.. use your fingers and push the grommit through so that your able to get yours finger through the side..

now you will require a wire coat hanger... open it out and cut it down in size and bend it a bit.. stick it through the side of the rubber grommit youve just pushed out and keep going until it doesnt go anymore.. then go to the engine and look down behind the strut top mount and see if you can see the wire hanger.. try get your fingers on it and pull it through until your able to tape your power wire to it.. then go back inside and pull the hanger through with the power cable attached until you have enough left to reach the battery.. then just pull the rubber grommit back into position.. and finish running the wire to your boot..

wee pic so yous can see where the grommit is.. my power wire is the red one :)