What's new

Washer Bottles Pump/Motor

Osiris

Members
Reaction score
Car
CM2 - Type S
Hi Chaps,

After some advise on my 2004 Tourer Type S. The washer bottles work, but the jet is really weak. By weak i mean the water barely hit the glass on the front and the rear doesn't work at all.

I've cleared the nozzles but i'm still having problems, has anyone got any advise on a replacment pump/motor that I can swap out? Has anyone done this themselves and is it a reasonable simple job a novice tinkerer?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Welcome along Tom a daft question but with the cold weather is it frozen.
Or you might have to take the water bottle out completely as there might be some gunk that has blocked the system.Im sure there was a thread on this a long time ago i will have a search.

Welcome along Tom a daft question but with the cold weather is it frozen.
Or you might have to take the water bottle out completely as there might be some gunk that has blocked the system.Im sure there was a thread on this a long time ago i will have a search.

Hi Brett - thanks for the response. It's not a daft question given the time of year but unfortuantely it has been like this for some time and i lived with it. The recent cold weather and ***orted road ***** that comes with it is more of the reason for this thread than the root cause.

If some instructions exist for removing the water bottle then i'd appreciate a link. Will also have a google around myself.

Thanks,

If it's same as mine (CM2) or the saloon (CL9) then the pumps are fitted to the bottle/tank, which is down on the right hand side behind the front bumper. You have to take the bumper off to get at it. Removal of front bumper is not too difficult, some threads here and there, but basically loads of plastic clips along the upper grill section, a few plastic clips in the wheel arch and underneath, a partically hiddem screw in the wheel arch each side, and a couple of annoying hex-head screws underneath that rust into their captive nuts.

I can't offer any help Osiris, but let us know if you find a fix. Given the location of the filler, the bottle appears to be buried in the wing, and presumably the pump is on the bottom of that somewhere? Sounds tricky...

Mine are pretty poor too.

The passenger side is passable, but the drivers side only reaches about 3" up the glass. If you put a long enough squirt on it does the job, but I'd like them to hit somewhere around centre screen. The headlight washers work well though ;)

Not sure if the petrol differs from the diesel, but THIS might give you some clues (you could of course put in your details and locate the picture for your car!)

pumps are items 14 (rear) and 15 (front) in the last link, "secured" into tank by grommets (5)

if you have headlmp washers, pump for those is item 16

Guys have had a similar problem in the past, jets weak and sometimes stopping totally. My fix was taking the bottle out and cleaning it. I found it had loads of gunk. Inception cleaned I then cleaned the jets in hot water and then blowing air through them. Have not had any problems since then.

^ any idea how to get the jets off Shabz ?
(you probably didn't take them off, just wondering if you know how to)

I thought I wasn't going mad it was Shabz that had this trouble.

^ any idea how to get the jets off Shabz ?
(you probably didn't take them off, just wondering if you know how to)
You have to get under them and using a little set of pincers squeeze the jet togeother and they will pop out. Then you have to get the water pipe off. The driver side might need to be done using a flat headed screw driver on both sides.
However be carefull not to damage them.
Also be carefull when adjusting the aim as they are all plastic and the nozzles damage easily. I learnt the hard way and had to buy a new set from the dealers £12 each, ouch.

Thanks all for the info. I'll try getting the bottle out and also cleaning the jets etc. The diagram in teh link above will be a big help.

Once i've had a crach at this i will report back.

Thanks Again

That's what we are here for and hope you get it sorted.

Yes do keep us updated. It does go back to screen wash that has gone off basically because it has sat there for your years.

i had new jets fitted at Honda and they twisted the water pipe on fitting so they just spat out. it took 3 sets of jets before we realised that the pipes were twisted. we only found this out when i had to get a new screen and it was taken apart!

apparently the 7th gen jets arent adjustable and are factory set. one of the sets i had fitted blasted the screen wash over the car so another had to be fitted (free though so at no extra cost to me)