What's new

washer jet adjustment

OB1

Members
Reaction score
Car
05 diesel saloon
The washers only spray a couple of inches up the windscreen, which is ok when driving but poor when stationary. I'd like them to spray higher up the windscreen but can't see how to adjust - I've only ever seen the little balls you put a pin in before. Someone put me out of my misery please!

Washer bottle is full btw.

you have to be very careful not to damage then as they are plastic. Trust me I know and had to replace both. Basically you adjust from the jet itself and it does move. You will find its very stiff so natural instinct is put more pressure which damages the plastic. Just be careful when moving. Once that initial seal is broken then it will move freely.

Flat head screw driver is what I used but do this at your own risk, the jet has a shape to accept it. Don't recommend putting a needle in there

Thanks. I noticed the screwdriver slots but didn't want to try in case they snapped. Do the jets move up and down, or is it more like you screw them tighter / looser?

Jets move up and down and side ways,

The first time I did it, I screwed up the plastic which has a slit

when I replaced mine, I used the flat screwdriver on the bottom of the hexagon shaped nozzle and moved it.

Even the slightest of movement will make a difference as was the case with mine, the jets began hitting the wiper arm

take your time and you will get there