What's new

Water in my window

tbourner

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Abarth 595
Since waxing I get a nice layer of water sitting on top of the car, which unfortunately means if I drive with the windows open it poors onto the seats and door rests!! grrrrr.
Any quick and easy way of stopping this? Do people with wind deflectors find they help?

Since waxing I get a nice layer of water sitting on top of the car, which unfortunately means if I drive with the windows open it poors onto the seats and door rests!! grrrrr.
Any quick and easy way of stopping this? Do people with wind deflectors find they help?
Drive faster till the water rolls off then open the window ;)

I like to open the window for the start of the journey until I get to open road, then close it, so not really an option. :(

We all have to make sacrifices for our love of cars, yours is clearly dry trousers! :lol:

Wait till it gets colder then the water will freeze and slide off in one lump.

But the cheap, quick, and simple solution is as Brett said, or dab the brakes to cause the water to slide off then open the window.

I have the wind reflectors on both front Windows and they are excellent. No water ingress until the window is down about 4 inches.

That would be my suggestion.

Would the saloon ones fit on the tourer, or are the front windows different?

I think the fronts are the same. Rears ain't obviously.