What's new

water in the boot

2lexec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda
just found a lot of water in the boot of my Hatchback. a lot in the well where the spare wheel goes, the rubber and foam that sits hanging into the well on the front side of the spare wheel was wet. The cubby hole on the left side of the boot where things can be stored is also wet at the bottom, and a bit of foam and polystyrene the sits just in front of it is wet.

where on earth should I be looking? Also seems to have condensation in the near side rear light cluster

thanks
2lexec

I heard before about water ingress via that rear light cluster. I think they just silicone sealed it, but can't remember if someone suggested a particular kind of silicone that didn't damage paint/bodywork. I think it was a 'marine grade' silicone but don't quote me on that, maybe someone else can recall what the solution was ;-)

I also have that problem...i sealed them with silicone but only between the rubber and the car, should have put some silicone between rubber and tailight also...

hi there :) on my old 00 accord i also used to get water in my boot,my leak was where the car aerial used to sit on the rear panel i dont know if you have that version of accord or the slightly updated one where the aerial is on the roof that could be where your leak is coming from

thanks folks, the wife is away this weekend so will have the rear nearside light cluster off next weekend.

I don't have an aerial on the rear wing, mine is a bit later. I know of other cars that have this problem. was quite a shock to find so much water in the boot.

thank you everyone for the advice
2lexec

Fixed 99% on mine. After all it wasn´t from the tailights, it was from actually from the rear itself. the side panels are attached to the rear panel with a sealant, that sealant had cracks of about 1mm letting water go inside. It didn´t seem much for all that water, but the fact is that after fixing it water inside is almost 0 even with high pressure water on the washing machine.

Did u check the rails ontop ov roof i had same issue and i turned out to be a hairline crack rite at the end off the rail i done water test and their was my problem its been fixed and have never had water since

sorry I should have come back sooner to update you. I removed the nearside light cluster, cleaned the seal and when I put it back put a bead of grease under it. seemed to have worked.
again my apologies but thank you for the advice

2lexec