What's new

Water Ingress

steve500

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer i-CDTi
Hi Guys, I need some help. A while ago my wife noticed a smell in my car that I never noticed and about a week ago I investigated and it turned out that under my false floor in my tourer I had a swimming pool. To cut a long story short I think I found the issue but do not know how to solve it. It looks like the water is coming from the drivers rear quarter, I tested the glass seals and they seem to be OK but when poured water onto the seal area of my tourer some gets inside. I cannot see where there are any drainage channels that could be blocked but there might be. Have you guys any ideas.

please explain what seal you are taking some pics would be nice if not more detail will help.

Its been a bit hectic at home, over the weekend I will try and get some pics up to show what issues I have.

Sounds good will await pics

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I have been on here for about 30 mins and for the life of me I can not see how to get my images posted, I tried to do a link to photo bucket but thats a no go. Any help would be great.

You need to use photobucket and place a link on post and picture will show up
I use www.slickpic.com where there is option to use share on forum link.

Is the leak around the tailgate floor ?

I see from the scotch locks someone has been in the boot before. Has it got a towbar? If so I would remove the light unit and check the grommit is fitted correctly

Have you removed the light cluster and checked behind it? The white locating clips may have a foam washer to seal them. I can't remember off the top of my head if they do. If that is all ok then it will be a case of putting a hose on it with someone inside to see where the leak is

Also check around seal for any gaps or cracks my suspicion is around the tailgate seal area are both seals in good condition ?

First thing you need to do is strip the boot interior out so you can see the panels, then an old trick is to use talcum powder liberally on the panels and it will show you what path the water is cutting.

Hi Nick, I like the talcom powder idea you mentioned.

I will probably try the talc idea, just need the weather to change so i can get a dry spell. I started to strip the interior last week but it started to chuck it down so I had to put everything back.

British weather unpredictable

I had a leak in my tourer that filled the spare wheel well with water (pouring over from side pockets where you've taken photos) before I noticed it. The problem was due to a split in the panel seam behind rear light and top of bumper. Appears there had been a knock in the past to bumper that then damaged a mounting block near the seam.

If your leak was from the roof gutter I'd expect the lining to be wet.

This was a common fault with the 96-00 Honda Civic's. The foam gasket behind the tail lights would dry up and let water in, once replaced with new foam gaskets... no more leaks.

Throwing another idea in the bucket.

Op did you solve this and if so a reply would be nice !!!

I agree please leave update to advise if you resolved or not and solution if you did resolve