What's new

Water near my spare wheel.

Roberts14

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
I have a honda accord 2003 7th gen. There seems to be alot of water where the spare wheel is and it seems to be wetter on the left hand side of the boot where you will find the foam where tools sit. Any ideas what it could be? Last time i checked under the wheel it had all those plastic lugs.

Dont know where its coming from but some talcum powder in some strategic places should show you which way it's entering.

I've been trying to find the source of a water leak for weeks, agree with above poster that some talcum powder is a big help, after removing all trunk trim.

In my case the water pools in the spare wheel well and in the left side next to the trunk vent, a few days ago finally found that it pools in the area circled in the picture and then leaks to both sides.

Now I still have to find from where it gets inside that spot, it only leaks when it rains a lot and maybe when the car is on an incline, water leaks are a pain.

Water ingress problems are a PITA, I had one on my old car which turned out to be from a very small gap in the seal where the rear screen is bonded. A bit of sealant sorted it, but only once I had sealed everywhere else first!

Hope you get it sorted.

Just had a look at mine and i think mine is the ssme in the corner but cant tell where the water is coming from.

I'm still trying to find where the water comes in, noticed today that the boot weather strip looks torn on both uper corners, don't believe this is normal but because it's on both sides can anyone with a saloon please confirm, thanks

Hi
had a similar issue in my tourer when we first got it. Honda replaced the rubber boot sill and that seemed to have fixed the issue