What's new

WEIRD SAT NAV BEHAVIOUR

tratloc

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2008
Twice in the last couple of weeks the real time traffic updates have proved completely irrelevant, taking me off the M25 when there was no problem on the motorway, and on one occasion trying to send me North when I was going to the South West. Yesterday I was taken on a ridiculous tour of Surrey and Kent - I should have ignored it. This is not a Honda problem, but the supplier of the real-time traffic data. I also noticed today that the road signs on the M25 in Kent and East Surrey were completely misleading. Luckily I ignored the magical mystery tour which the sat nav suggested.

Anyone else had this?

Mine has been fine from the day iv had the car.
Perhaps the latest maps might cure the problem.

Twice in the last couple of weeks the real time traffic updates have proved completely irrelevant, taking me off the M25 when there was no problem on the motorway, and on one occasion trying to send me North when I was going to the South West. Yesterday I was taken on a ridiculous tour of Surrey and Kent - I should have ignored it. This is not a Honda problem, but the supplier of the real-time traffic data. I also noticed today that the road signs on the M25 in Kent and East Surrey were completely misleading. Luckily I ignored the magical mystery tour which the sat nav suggested.

Anyone else had this?

Yeap, all the time, I just hit the cancel button, and continue on the original course... I have learn't that if you select shortest route it dosn't happen so much and you get there quicker

Yeah since I changed it to 'easy route' and then back to quick route it does seem to take me in weird directions - last week it told me to leave the motorway (unfortunately I wasn't paying attention, it was meant to be the next exit), I took the exit it told me, and it said take second exit on roundabout, back onto the motorway!!! Weird.

Thank you for the ideas. I just bought on e-Bay the 2012 update disc, but that won't change what happens with the real time from TMC.