What's new

Well that was quick...

t sport 1978

Members
Reaction score
Car
EX 2.4 8th Gen
It has only been 1 year 3 months into my ownership, but Thursday I might be swapping it for a Toyota Auris Hybrid and say goodbye to the very worthy Accord.

Due to personal circumstances I am now needing an automatic and better ways to look after the wallet, so what could be better than a hybrid?

I have deliberated over the arguments of diesel vs hybrid, and also Toyota vs Honda... alas the Auris HSD came up trumps in my book.

It is almost a straight swap, I am having to pay a little toward the Auris but I am getting 12k part ex for my Accord, which is not overly bad. Its actually a good price.

Its not a done deal yet, but i will be making along drive to see the car on Thursday and if nothing is wrong then the cars will be swapped.

Good luck going into your new ownership, have you looked at vw/audi tfsi engines they are equally economical as hybrid offerings.

Good luck going into your new ownership, have you looked at vw/audi tfsi engines they are equally economical as hybrid offerings.

Thanks.

I wanted something tax free and low insurance, also my wife's A3 does not fill me with confidence in terms of reliability. Granted, they are nice cars but nothing is able to give me the combinations of criterias and these Auris has 5 year warranties which is always a good bonus.

Thanks.

I wanted something tax free and low insurance, also my wife's A3 does not fill me with confidence in terms of reliability. Granted, they are nice cars but nothing is able to give me the combinations of criterias and these Auris has 5 year warranties which is always a good bonus.

Well done on a good choice,the german motors are not reliable as jap cars,thats a fact,so congrats on your new purchase bud :)

Good luck on your deal but please stay around even if you don't drive an Accord.

Well its done, my Accord (which i named Cordy) is gone :(

On my drive back from the dealer which is 187 miles away from my home, I achieved 62 mpg in the Auris, this included a 1.5 hours of M25 in crawling traffic. Needless to say, i was simply amazed.

The car is nice and much improvement over my old Auris T180 diesel in terms of build and interior material, this Auris is put together much nicer.

I think i have made a good choice and thank you all for the kind words.

I have to say that this is one of the most civilised car forums around, I suppose it reflects well on Accord owners :blush:

You lot are a genuinely nice bunch and are always willing to help, so i will be back to see what's what and chip in where i can.

Its been a pleasure and see you guys around.

Feel free to ask about the Auris or my old Accord if you are interested.

Des

All the best with the new car Des. Do check in from time to time...

Glad you're happy with the new car Des.

Wouldn't mind some pics of the new Toyota mate....and 62mpg????? WOW!!!!!! Is there an instant MPG readout on the dash somewhere? If so, what was the MPG whilst cruising on the motorway?

sounds like a good car you got yourself, like everyone else has said, dont be a stranger and upload a photo or two of your new toy! ;)

Well its done, my Accord (which i named Cordy) is gone :(

On my drive back from the dealer which is 187 miles away from my home, I achieved 62 mpg in the Auris, this included a 1.5 hours of M25 in crawling traffic. Needless to say, i was simply amazed.

The car is nice and much improvement over my old Auris T180 diesel in terms of build and interior material, this Auris is put together much nicer.

I think i have made a good choice and thank you all for the kind words.

I have to say that this is one of the most civilised car forums around, I suppose it reflects well on Accord owners :blush:

You lot are a genuinely nice bunch and are always willing to help, so i will be back to see what's what and chip in where i can.

Its been a pleasure and see you guys around.

Feel free to ask about the Auris or my old Accord if you are interested.

Des

Congrats Des,

That's a really nice thing to post and after all it is all the members here that make it that way.

It would be good if you could stick around, as you know a few members have changed cars since joining and are still here, partly because of that very reason, that we have a good set of members here, so whatever you drive now doesn't matter, you still know what it was like to drive an Accord.

All the best for the future :)

Glad you're happy with the new car Des.

Wouldn't mind some pics of the new Toyota mate....and 62mpg????? WOW!!!!!! Is there an instant MPG readout on the dash somewhere? If so, what was the MPG whilst cruising on the motorway?

There are a multitudes of read outs and instead of a rev counter, you get a charge/Electr Engine/Petrol Engine/Power zone meter that tells you where you are in the range of options for driving the car. Its rather clever.

There is an instant MPG and average MPG, the 62 MPG was the average of that 187 miles trip back after having reset the counter at the beginning of the journey.

The cruising MPG ranges anything from 30 - 70 depending on the condition and acceleration, but the most amazing part is when i was crawling for those hour and a bit, my MPG continued to climb as i was using 90% only electric motor.

Now it's a known fact that i'm not the biggest Toyota fan but.....Sweet!!! Now there's a great way to save some money. Glad you like the car dude.