What's new

wet carpets help!

noely02

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8 vtec sport
hi,

anyone out there had any experience with the drivers side carpets getting wet, or just the drivers side foot-well getting wet, not sure if its condensation or water getting in from the outside.

i don't know if there are any blocked drain holes to look for, or missing covers etc, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

its a v plate 1.8vtec sport if that's any help

NoeL

Hi.
Could be a grommet at the left side of the brake master
Clyinder leaving in water.
It could also be your heater rad under the dash leaking. If its that you'll find air in the cooling system. That leads to pinging and overheating.
Door seals, windscreen seal?
Try that much and see

Hello Noel

Welcome to the site. I would encourage you introduce yourself in the newbie section before posting questions. You will get a better response.

My advice would be using a hose pipe get somebody to wet the car and with you in the car look out for where the water is coming in. If your lucky you may hear the drops and isolate the area. My sister had a similar problem with her megane and I did that and realised the sunroof drains were blocked.

Hope that helps

thanks for the quick reply's, didn't realize there was a noob section, i'll post an intro a bit later

i'll have a look for the master cylinder grommet sometime over the weekend, pretty sure its not the cooling system because its not loosing any coolant or overheating, could be the window-screen seal, especially if its the original screen, the door seals look ok, and can rule out the sunroof, because it doesn't have one.

again thanks for the fast responses

just a little update, had a look around the car Friday afternoon at all the places suggested and couldn't find anything, but i did notice that on the panel that the wipers come out of, the plastic cover between the bonnet and the windscreen, one of the caps that cover the screws that hold it down was missing, so I've filled it with sealant and covered it with some gaffer tape till i get a replacement.

over the weekend if I've been in the car the heaters been on hot and full blast blowing into the foot-wells and it seems like its' not getting any wetter, so fingers crossed it's sorted.

NoeL