What's new

What bulbs to use?

HeidiS

Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer CTDi
Hiya, I have used the search function and there is quiate a bit of info on what to use and HID vs normal etc but I am just a bit generally confused about what size of bulbs to use...

My dipped beam bulb has gone - and coincidentally so has the same buylb on my husbands Accord Saloon... we both have 54 plates. When I search on-line I get the size being HB4 / 9006 - but - when it comes to Xenon bulbs for Accords 2003-2008 I also get recommended H1 (i.e. the Osram Nightbreakers... mentioned on this forum before).

What actually does fit? ...and yes, I know I should just remove the bulb and look... but it seems fidily and I don't want to be left having to get what a local garage recommends when I've ****ed it up :)

Ideally recommendations for Dipped Beam and High Beam very very welcome!

CJ's right, H1 is what you need. But I'd argue you should fit a HID kit.. plenty of help on the forum on how to do it, and the difference is quite literally night and day.

OK.. many thanks chaps.... last time I went with Halfords (Ok.. stop cringing) because they were local and also fitted them for a £5. That was last year and one has gone already. Hubby only had his fitted last month. Ho Hum... we learn from experience. :)

Heidi HID all the way the diffrence is incredable. If I were you I'd buy a cheap set of H1's to make you legal while you shop around on e bay for HID's they vary in price and quality but all come from china. They aren't that difficult to fit and there is plenty of people on here who will be able to help.

Heidi i have to agree with Paul and Fahad HIDS are the way to go.
They are a bit fiddly to fit but it will be worth it.If you dont want the HIDS then as CJ said go for Honda OEM only as cheap copies will not last as you have found out from Halfords.

After a friends recomendation in his accord I changed my bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus, standard 55w H1 bulbs, get on ebay for about £11 a pair. I changed all 4 and wow, obviously not as good as HID but cheap and easy, on full beam you can't look at road signs near you they are so bright and white