What's new

What do I need to do to make my accord look like this?

Misterjay

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hello there,

I do apologise in advance if this seems like a silly question - I thought I'd ask the experts.

I bought myself a 2.2 ctdi sport yesterday, and although I'm very pleased with it mechanically, I can't stop thinking about how another one I've seen advertised looks. I'm no expert as to what's changed from standard on this one, but it looks like it's been very subtlety modded so it looks as if it could've left the factory like it. That's the look I'm going for! It's this car: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/honda/accord/used-honda-accord-2-2-i-ctdi-executive-4dr-camden-town-fpa-201508125985337?atcido=soc-cars-twt001

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've worked out so far that I'd need some enkei epsilon alloys (not sure if those are 17s or 18s?). I'm not sure if it's been lowered either? Perhaps someone with a keen eye can tell me.

I'm not sure what else has been done to it that's non standard. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

Photoshop! :lol:

But seriously, it's hard. My car's this colour and it photos really well, but when you're up close, it's a seriously hard colour to maintain well. Very regular cleaning, clay-bar, polish and wax is the only way. The paintwork needs to be well looked after from the start. If, like mine, the paint work has been neglected, there's no getting it back. Respray is the only real option. Or maybe a wrap! But they're both very expensive options.

I had Epsilons like that. They corrode terribly! If those Epsilons have not been refurbished, then this car has spent its life being garaged in a humidity controlled environment and never driven in the winter! :p . Seriously, if his Epsilons are original and not refurbished, this is a very rare example and you shouldn't compare your car to this. It's not common to see an Accord of this age in such immaculate condition.

For that richer colour you'll need
1- wash
2- paint cleaner (maybe Megs step one)
3- clay bar
4- swirl remover (SwirlX is my favourite)
5- polish
6- wax
7- sealant

It's definitely lowered, possibly coilovers, Epsilons are 17's, it's got a Sport front grille, and a ducktail spoiler, can't see anything else over a standard exec model

Thanks for the replies,

Sorry, I should've been more specific with my question - Mr Hondas answer was exactly what I was looking for! I meant in terms of the external mods rather than the paintwork.

Do you think a set of eibach 30mm springs and a set of 17" epsilons may get me somewhere near that look?

Hello and welcome to the site.

As the guys said give it a proper detail and the car will look bling.

I had a very similar model but have since sold the car after 8years+ of hassle free motoring.

One more thing to add to that, would consider putting the genuine sports grill to this car as it just sets the car off. Even better is I have one for sale if your interested.

Another nice mod is a new sets of wheels, consider the 18" storms which imo are one of the best fitting genuine wheels for the Accord

I appreciate the offer TypeR, but I've already got a sports grill fitted to mine.

I've had a look at the storm alloys - I think they're a bit too big for me! I quite like how a 17 looks in the arches.

That car has definately got

- 17inch Genuine honda Epsilon alloys
- It has been lowered on coilovers - in my opinion.
(you can get lowering springs that lower more than the usual 30mm but it is quite rare and risk damaging your dampers)
They also may have cut the springs too - cowboy route - lol

If you want the look the above is all you need.
I would recommend going coilovers if budget allows but springs will be the cheapest but may not be as low as the car in the advert.
tein, D2, meisterR are a few names in the coilover business.

Hope it helps