What's new

What do i need to run Hondata?

Vasco Reloaded

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sedan 2.0i Es
Hello all, since an h22a7 is a dificult and expensive swap, i´m considering a low boost turbo setup for my accord. The reason being that my car is imaculate, everything looks nice and if i try to sell it no one is going to pay what it´s worth for me.
So i was thinking of fitting a turbo to it´s FB206.
Mechanical part is easy because i have a friend that´s used to to these mods on n/a diesels, basically when he can´t find a part like a manifold of a mount he makes them himself, so the actual mounting won´t be an issue.

The issue is electronics, i don´t understand much of what do i need to buy, in order for an aftermarket ecu be able to run on this engine.
- Can you give me links to all parts i need to buy?
- After buying, i ***ume the new ecu doesn´t have a program, how do i extract the setup from the original ecu to upload to the new one, or where do i download a setup that makes the car run, even if it needs later adjustment?

Thank you in advance.

You'll need an aftermarket ECU, probably an OBD11 to OBD1 conversion harness and a 2 pin IACV.

The problem will be the manifolds and the pipe work, but as your mates a fabricator he can make all that fit for you.

You'll also need to consider where you'll place te intercooler. I can't remember, but does the F20 and an oil cooler that runs along the front of the engine?

Turbo charging the F20 is something that I've been waiting for someone to do :) there was a chap called Justin on here many years ago who turbo'd his F22 in his 5th gen. He had to fabricate most of the parts himself.

The chap who did his car before was called Justin. I've remembered lol. He had a feature in an old mag.

He did the full build. Needed pistons, rods crank etc.