What's new

What Else ?

Si38

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 Type-S Accord
Hiya All,

Replaced RARB bushes over weekend hoping it would cure annoying knocking/clunking coming from the rear. All done, knocking still there. Now Ive crawled under and had a good feel about and tried to move all various suspension parts to see if they knock,,,nothing.

Ive even emptied the boot of everything and driven round just to eliminate the obvious stuff first.

The knocking isnt constant and some days isnt there at all, could it be something to do with brakes or wheel bearings ?

Whats next ? And what are the ways for me to slef diagnose this please ???

Cheers !!!!

Hiya All,

Replaced RARB bushes over weekend hoping it would cure annoying knocking/clunking coming from the rear. All done, knocking still there. Now Ive crawled under and had a good feel about and tried to move all various suspension parts to see if they knock,,,nothing.

Ive even emptied the boot of everything and driven round just to eliminate the obvious stuff first.

The knocking isnt constant and some days isnt there at all, could it be something to do with brakes or wheel bearings ?

Whats next ? And what are the ways for me to slef diagnose this please ???

Cheers !!!!

hi si :) is you car lowered by any chance or you on standard setup??have you had the brakes or disks changed recently??

Simon, you sure it's from the back? The front ARB drop links are notoriously weak and worn one are as you're describing, might be worth a look.
Does the accord have rear DL? if so I'd check these....
HTH's :)

+1 for Droplinks - open the boot and sit up/down on the edge, can you replicate the sound? If so, it's droplinks.

Bugged the hell out of me replaced bushes, suspected something more complex in the suspension (e.g. spring pan, shocks, etc) - nope it was the ARB links.

hi si :) is you car lowered by any chance or you on standard setup??have you had the brakes or disks changed recently??

standard setup mate ,, and yeah had front discs and pads done bout 1000 miles ago, and handbrake needed tightening up a lot a couple of weeks ago

+1 for Droplinks - open the boot and sit up/down on the edge, can you replicate the sound? If so, it's droplinks.

Bugged the hell out of me replaced bushes, suspected something more complex in the suspension (e.g. spring pan, shocks, etc) - nope it was the ARB links.

the rear droplinks are the rods at the end of the anti roll bar yeah ?? given them a good mooch about, no noise,,,,,,

please dont laugh,,,, where are they on the front ?

Yep - they connect the ARB to the suspension . If you look in the DIY section I put up a how to. I would post the link but I am on a mobile and it's impossible to navigate....

Btw - dont write off the links just yet

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/6926-anti-roll-bar-droplink-replacement/

Woot I found it

Ya a drop link in the rear of my car was knocking it was only when the car was jacked up and if u shaked it you could hear it, i would put money on it being droplink

car is booked into my local guy to have them done,,thanks for all the replies guys. need to invest some love in this car ,,,,,,,,bond with it !!

hopefully when ive got the little niggles out the way,,,droplinks and a abs sensor,,then off for a egr delete remap !!

Broken spring?