What's new

What sort of mpg do you all get on your diesels?

These lower diseasel fuel prices are slowing down my shell points gathering , I might actually have to pay for petrol in the car at this rate !! And then maybe .. just maaaybe I might give a crap about MPG .. but probably not .

Jon_G said:
No one minds discussing remaps here, by the way. I think you may have us mixed up with some people on another forum!
Actually I meant that discussing MPG isn't your favourite!

I know remaps are quite the thing... really wondering if its the solution for me.

Jamie91 said:
I have a remapped pre facelift (5 gears) diesel

I got 67 MPG on a 90 mile trip of which 80 miles was on the motorway at an indicated 60 mph

This was calculated MPG not off the trip computer. Quite impressed. Presumably getting 70 MPG at an indicated 60 mph
I'm beginning to realise that 40MPG or thereabouts is normal on an unmodified diesel tourer.

Getting that up to over 60MPG seems worth the money of the remap. I'll give Fahad a call I think!

timmustoe said:
I'm beginning to realise that 40MPG or thereabouts is normal on an unmodified diesel tourer.

Getting that up to over 60MPG seems worth the money of the remap. I'll give Fahad a call I think!
There is no way that remapping will ever give you a 50% increase in MPG... At best you may get 1 or 2 MPG, but I wouldn't bet on it.