What's new

what to do first?

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Guys, is it best to after washing car, polish then apply wax? I'm thinking of buying the AG ultra deep shine as I have a black car and then using collinite 476 wax. Previously all I did was wash and collinite!!!

Yeah mate, always polish first to remove scratches and marks then wax to protect the finish.

Waj,

depends on how far you want to go with it all as well, don't know whether you have seen this recent thread.

What Polish

Once you have a decent base and have polished it all up etc and satisfied with the result, then it's good to apply a sealant of some kind and then top off with a wax product. This all helps to protect the hard work previously done when polishing etc and makes it easier to clean and restore.

You shouldn't need to polish the car each time you wash it and depending on the durability of the wax, you don't need to wax it each time although, this also depends on the day, the mood and what else is waiting to be done !

That all said, the further you go into it the more likely you are to get OCD (obsessive cleaning disorder) as demonstrated in the thread above.

Cjm, thanks for that, read it and was very useful...ok I'm not going to clay the car just polish and wax as I said I got collinite already but should I go for the autoglym ultra deep shine or super resin polish, which ones better???

UDS is an all-in-one product and strictly speaking doesn't need anything over the top. I have tried it and didn't really like it - it's not a patch on Poor boys Black Hole which is a similar product. If you must stick to AG then I'd go with a few coats of SRP before using Colli over the top. However, personally I'd use Poor Boys Black Hole with Colli over the top.

Oh and don't forget the key to a go finish is the preparation of the paint, take the time to use a quality clay bar to give the paint a good clean.

thanks for clearing that up stu, i will buy some SRP and apply some collinite as protection..