What's new

What to look for when buying

Wayno

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0i Vetec
Hi guys I'm hopefully going to buy my 1st Honda 2moro. Is there anything in particular to look for?
I've already had a quick look at it and I fell in love with it.
My only concerns at the moment is the car reached it's running temp within like 4 minutes of the engine turning on. The fan kicked in in under 1 minute of the engine running, I find this a bit unusual but I'm coming from a diesel which takes 30 mins or so to heat up to a petrol. Is this a common thing with the accords?
Also when I was pressing the clutch pedal in and out I could feel & hear a slight knocking or clunking noise on the pedal.

Look for good history with regular oil changes.

The water temp warms up quickly - takes about 5 miles for the engine to warm up fully.

Not sure about the clutch - sometimes they squeak and just need a lube & there is a thread on that on TA - if it clunks it might be something more.

Thanks Cliff, don't think the car comes with any history. I'm buying it from a car auction company. When I spoke to them they didn't know anything about the car.

If you go into any Honda service dept with the reg and ask nicely they can check to see what Honda history there is. I did this with mine when I brought it.