What's new

What type of headlamp bulbs?

JLPK

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Does anybody know what type of halogen dipped beam bulb the 8th Gen uses? And how on earth do you get at them?! The users handbook suggests taking one screw out of the wheel arch liner and forcing it to the side to access the headlamp bulbs.

Brett will help you with this one :)

They are H1 bulbs, access is very tight. On a model its possible with small hands, or enlist the help of a child or lady. On the diesel access is tighter still.

All detailed in the handbook.

Yep H1 is the lamps you need.

Does anybody know what type of halogen dipped beam bulb the 8th Gen uses? And how on earth do you get at them?! The users handbook suggests taking one screw out of the wheel arch liner and forcing it to the side to access the headlamp bulbs.

Thought I would post this snippet......

Whilst I was collecting my car today at Blade Honda, I was talking the service receptionist - Hannah - about bulb changing, and that how badly positioned access is these days when trying to replace bulbs. They had recently had an 8th gen car in to change a bulb. The poor technicians (apparently) were still struggling an hour later!!!! They ended up removing the entire front bumper and then changing the bulb & putting everything back in a fraction of the time. Can't say whether it was a petrol or diesel model......I can't believe a car could be so badly designed.....perhaps the designers should be given the job of trying to replace simple things like this - at the side of the road and in the pouring rain!!