What's new

What's the best snow foam

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Guys i just wandered what snow foam are you using.I brought this kit below but dont rate the foam.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autobrite-Foam-Lance-5-Litres-Super-Snow-Foam-/260839604062?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3cbb407f5e

i have now ordered some Valet pro PH Neutral hopefully this will be better as i use there alloy wash.

I used to regularly valet and detail cars for friends and colleagues I work with so I've used a few.

Generally there isn't much difference in them, just vary the dilution rates and adjust your foam lance to it's minimum setting and you'll be good.

Just remember, they're not as good as people make them out to be. They will not physically remove all the dirt of your car, marketing is a wonderful thing :rolleyes:

Thanks Paul for the info :)

I'm currently using Chemical Guys No Touch Snow Foam, it out performs the others i have tried and is far from a gimmick, it is a valuable tool for removing a good portion of dirt at the pre wash stage before your wash mitt/sponge hits the car!

Cheers fella keep it coming guys lets get as many reviews as possible on brands of snow foam.
I will give feedback when my Valet pro PH Neutral turns up.

I was using VP PH neutral before the the Chemical Guys and again is much better than the generic stuff. Mind got ruined over the winter during the cold, it froze a number of times whilst sat in the garage and never performed the same, so i'll bringing the Chemical Guys stuff indoors this winter.

Brett, although I've nothing to compare to, I use Valet Pro PH and am very happy with it. It gives a nice thick coating. I'm sure you won't be disappointed

How does it cope with an engine cleaning? CJ has me thinking now... I have a couple of weeks complete freedom to OCD the car when I am back from Japan... Want to get giggy with polish, clay and scratch remover if possible.

How does it cope with an engine cleaning? CJ has me thinking now... I have a couple of weeks complete freedom to OCD the car when I am back from Japan... Want to get giggy with polish, clay and scratch remover if possible.

AutoSmart G101 !

Don't know of any valeter who doesn't have this, FANTASTIC stuff. Can be diluted for multiple applications.

Been using it for years. I buy it in 5L containers.

Well guys just a review of my new snow foam.I used the new Valet pro today and its much better than the other stuff i used.
1 application of foam left for about 10min and wow what a difference.
I gave the car a good swill with the pressure washer and the car was spotless.
I did give it a wash as well with my new lambs wool mitt and a good wax for good measure.
To be honest if you were pushed for time the wash after wasn't necessary really.

Well guys just a review of my new snow foam.I used the new Valet pro today and its much better than the other stuff i used.
1 application of foam left for about 10min and wow what a difference.
I gave the car a good swill with the pressure washer and the car was spotless.
I did give it a wash as well with my new lambs wool mitt and a good wax for good measure.
To be honest if you were pushed for time the wash after wasn't necessary really.

Nice to know,

So i take it the foam held for a while.

Unfortunately however the time I tend to clean the car's, neighbours wouldn't be too happy about me snow foaming, neither would the Mrs B) Although then again come winter Hmm, now you've got me thinking.

The foam I have at the moment is the Halfrauds own brand stuff - and it is pants. Rolls straight off. Might get some of this Vpro stuff as I really want to give my engine bay a spruce up. Got my washing routine for the bodywork down pretty much now, although I still need to work on the scratches and swirls (especially the swirls on the roof - major hazard of being my height!)

Firstly, sorry for grave digging, I know this is a really really old thread but....

I'm looking to get some snow foam (obviously enough) and I didn't see the sense in starting another thread, keep the resources in one place and all that, so.....any more reviews?

Brett, are you still using Valeta pro? Or change to something better?

I need something strong (white car problems) but non toxic. Also, are there any with a built in wax to add protection when there isn't time to wax after a wash? I know google it, but there are too many options so I'm looking for trusted opinions!

Thanks guys.

Best two on the market in my opinion are Chemical Guys No Touch or Autobrite Magifoam.

Personally I wouldn't bother with one with wax. Snow foam is a pre wash so you still need to wash the car after. If you have a durable wax like Collinite, it wil last all winter, so you won't need to wax each time, instead just finish off with your quick detailer of choice after you have dried the car.