What's new

What's this hose called (sorry no pics)

Shiresy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord Tourer
Ok while changing the high pressure steering hose I noticed I have a slight weep on a hose that's connected to a metal outlet located behind the block near the top under the oil filler it connects to another metal feed just below the rubber part is only about 8 inches or so, it looks like it's weeping on the top joint it's held in place with a hose clamp at each end, it's about the diameter of my index finger. Any help is appreciated

Right I think I have found what it is if I have read the schematic right it's a PKFL2642602 vacuum hose

That's what I thought too but it is clearly leaking as it is wet around the top connection and has chased it's way down the hose and collected on the vacuum pump, it looks very much like the black stuff that spews out of a leaking inlet manifold and there's no fluid in them either, I think it has to do with the hot gases flowing around the inside of the engine that when allowed to escape condensate resulting in the production of this black gunk, I will find out when it comes off, new part arrives on Tuesday 5 min job once engine cover is off

You may be looking at a breather circuit. Does the pipe exit into a large-ish plastic container, or work its way back to the air box ?

If you look behind the block at the top it's a bit obscured by the engine cover there's 2 metal pipes that run towards the air box side, one of them is connected to a very short rubber hose this is almost level with the oil filler but under the cover it goes down and connects to the vacuum pump, that's what it's listed as in the schematic for the car and the hose is listed as the vacuum hose, if you look on the diagram, (I found it on lings Honda spares) it's item 20, when I went to Honda to get it the first thing the bloke said was "is it leaking out all over the place"