What's new

Wheel arches

93 accord

The 4th gen'er
Reaction score
Car
1993 Accord CB3
Im trying to sort out my wheel arches, they are clean etc, but if you shine headlights say at the wheels the arch it self looks greyish looks very unappealing, wondering if anyone got tips to make the arches stay black?

So far ive tryed back to black, and ive sprayed the satin black (just normal spray can)

The only way seems to paint them.
If you want to do it properly, you should remove them, sand and apply a plastic primer, then try black gravel spray. It doesn't chip that easily.

Otherwise, clean them and paint right away.

well i bought some fireplace paint (black) and some of that underseal spray, and did a monster detailing session on 2 out of 4 arches so far, ill get pics up when ive done all 4, i have restored/nipped in the bud any potential rusting under the rear arch lip also.

looks so much better, so cheers for the advice peeps

I've just used carplan tyre dressing on mine i'll see how it goes at the mo they look nice and shiny and black :D

Get some pics up guys so we can compare.I was thing about black to back the stuff you use on side trims and bumpers that are not colour coded.

looking forward to pics :) mines lowered now so arches cannot be seen as much lol

bare bones

Meguiars All Season Dressing

both just spray on and get a nice new look, not ideal for winter use as it will only last a week or two at the most, but summer it is good.

CarPro PERL Coat Protectant

PERL is mixed at 3 parts water to 1 product for plastics so it makes about 1.7 liters, and i have had 2 months out of it for protection so far, but is staring to fade a bit now.

Just a few options for you. :blush:

Jamie S