What's new

wheel bearing/front spring help.. 2002 1.8 vtec sport model

simovtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi, new to the forum and only got the accord in january but was well looked after, problem is I've got a wheel bearing on the way out (just started) front drivers side... Can you just replace the wheel bearing without replacing the hub? Also notcied the front spring is starting to crack/snap.. Heard its a bit of a **** to change? Anyone able to give me advice on this I would be grateful.. Thanks simon.

As far as I know, yes you can change just the bearing on the front, its the rear that comes as a whole hub

I would leave it to a garage as I would imagine the bearing would need to be pressed out, same with the spring, unless you are competent and have spring compressors :)

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, I thought that.. And don't worry.. I shall be leaving it to the garage to do lol just wanting to know so I can supply the parts (I get trade discounts) :)

Yes agree you can replace the front bearing but not the rear

I wanted to know the very same thing as my local garage tried to say I needed a whole hub when I enquired about a mates car, it wasint until I dug around and asked on here :)

I get my mate to do my work... Mates rates, was just wanting to know about the bearing.. Never a dull moment with cars eh lol

I would change both spring at once. I had one "adventure" with other car. I have changed one front spring and when car stood on plane ground it stood athwart (one car side was above the other). springs were equal when taken out, but under same pressure they behaved differently.

Decided to lower the full car anyways, so everything will be getting changed lol

Bit like me at the moment, my backbox has a slight blow, so its the perect excuse for a full stainless steel catback system :lol:

Any excuse eh lol mines has a twin backbox on it which sounds okay but deffo need to get the finger out and do the stuff I've got planned done on it lol

48 pound for a front wheel bearing? (not including fitting) is this a joke? lol