What's new

Wheel fitment - 17x9 et38 - Camber Q

r8byb

Members
Reaction score
Car
CDTI,S2000,CTR
Hi guys,

Am i right in thinking that the accord 2003 - 2008 is double wishbone all round?

I can imagine when lowering 50 -60mm you gain around -3 neg camber? front and rear? Am i shooting in the dark does that sound roughly correct?

I'm going to need -2.5 ish rear to run the size above with a 235 tyre.

Cheers

Lowering 50-60mm you will probably gain just shy of -3 on the rear. I doubt it would be anywhere near that on the front from experience.

Thanks,

Is front camber adjustable without a kit?

Cheers

No you will need some new upper arms or an adjustable ball joint which is cheaper around £150 irrc. Not sure the balljoint would give you that much range think ingalls do one but its max 1.5 each way.

double wishbone on the front and 5 arm multi link on the rear. You're gonna be seriously pushing it if you think you can clear 9 " wide wheels on the rear with just camber adjustment and you're looking for a serious drop. Im pretty sure you're gonna need to get the rears rolled.

Im running 17x8 38mm all round and i need -1.5 negative camber up front (skunk2 arms) and -2.5 negative camber on the rear (ingalls arms) just to clear the arches. Even with some spirited driving they still can rub all round. And im moderately lowered, about 40mm up front and 50mm if that on the back. Its hard to judge as i used extended ball joints on the front so my whole hub was raised just short of 10mm reducing the amount needed to lower on the front.

I know anojan and faz have mad wheel setups on their cars and im pretty sure they've had their arches rolled. Be prepared to get archwork done should you need it.

Andy you're right ingalls and spc both do sliding balljoints which are cheaper than the skunk2 arms, but they do 2 versions one for normal camber adjustment, and another with a bigger range for proper slammed cars. Skunk2 arms are still supposed to give the best clearance, so if you're gonna be slammed the last thing you want are the oem upper arms banking off the shock towers. I know you've come from old skool hondas buddy. Surely you must've known someone who had dents in the shock towers from their upper arms before, lol :lol:

Cheers for the help, I've done this style on my
previous s2000 with a 1mm gap between tyre and arch :D

I can get 17x8 et38 for the front which would be more suitable but then the faces don't concave!

Rolling the arches this weekend along with the civic and shall flare the fronts a little too.

I'm suprised there is no front adjustment with the front being a double wishbone setup.

I may just buy two rear wheels first and see what clearence they give up front. Does a 235/40/18 sound plausabile in terms of RR?

Cheers

Never known of dents in the shock towers either? Sounds interesting :lol:

I've come from DC5, s2000, ctr ( which I still have )

:)

Cheers for the help, I've done this style on my
previous s2000 with a 1mm gap between tyre and arch :D

I can get 17x8 et38 for the front which would be more suitable but then the faces don't concave!

Rolling the arches this weekend along with the civic and shall flare the fronts a little too.

I'm suprised there is no front adjustment with the front being a double wishbone setup.

I may just buy two rear wheels first and see what clearence they give up front. Does a 235/40/18 sound plausabile in terms of RR?

Cheers

Ah right, you're goin for the hellaflush/stanced thingy. Your s2k was tight, saw the pics and i dare say the wheel fitment on that was spot on. If you're gonna roll your ep3 you might as well just do all 4 on the accord too to save time and aid clearance. Then that way if there is extra room available you could maybe just fire on some spacers to fill the gap. No honda's have had front camber adjustment, none that i've had anyway, lol. You've always needed to buy a kit for them. Im not too sure on rolling radius, have a play around with the miata tyre calculator and see what you'd be comfortable with - http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Never known of dents in the shock towers either? Sounds interesting :lol:

I've come from DC5, s2000, ctr ( which I still have )

:)

Ah right buddy, i thought you might've come from old skool ef/eg/ek's. Slam them too low and the upper arms can bang the underside of the shock towers leaving dents, lol!

S2000 has camber adjustable arms all round my s2000 had coilovers and nothing else, but your right it's the only one I know of :)

I suppose your correct I should just go 18x8 et38 and fit a spacer if it's far in, but then concave rears and convex fronts may look odd a FWD car. Do you have any pictures of your fronts with 17x8 et38 without a camber kit so I can gauge whether I can fit the 9s?

If you want a 235 on an 18' rim you'll need a 35 profile bud.

You should be able to click my signature picture to open the link to my car thread, I'm sure I did that on here. If not its in the gallery. I don't have any just wheel pics coz I got my wheels, coilovers and camber kits all fitted at the same time.

Although I just remembered Perry recently fitted a set of 17x9's on his type s for a laugh without a camber kit and it was crazy wide. Check his thread, I'm sure the pics are on page 2.