What's new

Wheel I.D help

jimlington

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 EX Diesel Auto
Hi All,

I have managed to trash my alloy on a pothole. Pretty sure its not worth repairing and I cannot find a second hand wheel/set anywhere. Anyone know what they are called??

They look a lot like the civic type r ep3 wheels. 5 spoke / twin spoke 17"

I have tried to post pics but my browser freezes grrr.

Thanks!

That one?
17d91911679e2211ea2f58c13ced6d6a.jpg

Cannot find one of these at all via auction/classified sites etc. Not even a full set to be had anywhere. Pretty rare wheel nowadays it seems! Plenty of the other designs knocking about though.

Anyone swapped to civic wheels at all?

Thunders are 18" only, The ones above in the pic are standard 17's on the facelift Sport, and then there's the 17's that came on both the Type S and Euro R, so I'd narrow it down before deciding.

Ah ok thanks, so not thunders then as mine definitely 17". don't know why so difficult to find as there are plenty of Pentas.

Most frustrating rolling round on my space saver!

Hmmm mine is pre facelift and has the wheels in the pic above, if there not thunders then any idea what they are ?

Nope can't see it at the minute, have you tried getting a quote on a proper repair? You might be surprised

I couldn't see them in the brochures either. I was considering repair but because they could all do with a refurb i thought it may be best to replace the lot and have some tyres in with the deal too. Got a baby on the way so money is tight and thought it may be better in the long run. May be worth investigating. Appreciate the help. Flipping potholes.

Here's another pic of mine just to confirm, pre facelift 2.4 type s. Jimlington is yours a diesel?

Yes Andy that's them, mines a 56 plate diesel exec.

I do like the ep3 wheels Mr Honda, thanks for the link but surprisingly the ep3 wheels are narrower at 205 45 17!

James, yeah the ep3 are norrower but the rims will take a 215 tyre, they are 17x7j which iirc correctly is Accord fitment, so may even take the 225 tyre.