What's new

Wheel Options Please!

Clarkie1978

Reaction score
Car
2L Accord Tourer 06
Hi all. I hope you are well?

I am thinking about changing the original 16" wheels on my 2006 EX Tourer and i like Civic Type R wheels, especially the EP3 version, along with the FN2 versions or even the wheels from a MK6 Accord Type R.

Would these wheels fit my MK7 Accord at all please?

Thank you for your help and comments :)

Clarkie

Yes they will fit just ensure you maintain correct tyre size for rolling radius. Going to 17” is 225/45/17 and 18” is 225/40/18 on the 7th gen.

Hi, I have 2005 2.4 auto exec tourer - wheels are civic FN2 type r 18 inch 7 spoke with Uniroyal Rainsport 225 x 40 x 18 tyres set at 40 psi, nice and soft rubber, look great and handle far better and safer than standard wheels - I used to have Bridgestone Potensa tyres fitted but they are far too hard and inflexible - they made for a really uncomfortable ride. I have had lots of admiring comments about the FN2 but the most important part is the ride and handling - keep in mind what F6HAD said and you cant really go wrong.
Good luck

Hi, I have 2005 2.4 auto exec tourer - wheels are civic FN2 type r 18 inch 7 spoke with Uniroyal Rainsport 225 x 40 x 18 tyres set at 40 psi, nice and soft rubber, look great and handle far better and safer than standard wheels - I used to have Bridgestone Potensa tyres fitted but they are far too hard and inflexible - they made for a really uncomfortable ride. I have had lots of admiring comments about the FN2 but the most important part is the ride and handling - keep in mind what F6HAD said and you cant really go wrong.
Good luck
Hi Jimbo! Thank you so much for your comments, it's a great help.

I bet the FN2 wheels look great on your tourer!

FN2 wheels are a popular choice as they're really cheap and readily available. I have them on my Mk8. I'd rather OEM wheels than cheap aftermarket alloys as I reckon they'll be stronger for one thing. Money no object i'd love some enkeis etc but theyre so expensive!

Really good website to compare wheel sizes/fitment https://www.willtheyfit.com/ - ideally you'd want the entire combination of wheel/tyre to as close as possible size to your existing wheels

The Mk8 accord delta wheels are a really nice design too, few members here have them on Mk8, not seen them on Mk7 but could be a cool choice

FN2 wheels are a popular choice as they're really cheap and readily available. I have them on my Mk8. I'd rather OEM wheels than cheap aftermarket alloys as I reckon they'll be stronger for one thing. Money no object i'd love some enkeis etc but theyre so expensive!

Really good website to compare wheel sizes/fitment https://www.willtheyfit.com/ - ideally you'd want the entire combination of wheel/tyre to as close as possible size to your existing wheels

The Mk8 accord delta wheels are a really nice design too, few members here have them on Mk8, not seen them on Mk7 but could be a cool choice
Hi there. Thank you for your reply! That's very handy to have the link to the 'will they fit' website, so thank you for that.

I shall Google to 'Delta' wheels and have a butchers!

Thanks again