What's new

Wheel squeal on turning

Ashz

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 accord
Hi guys I am in need of advice, initially when turning left the front drivers side wheel would squeal intermittently. I left it for a couple of weeks but it's gotten worse and now the car squeals when turning left and right. Quite annoying! How do I fix this. It's a cl9 2.4 petrol on 138k

Thanks for the quick reply the sequel only comes when in motion turning around corners, could the cv boots need replacing?

When have you last had the pads changed, oem pads come with wear indicators, could be just pads getting low also :unsure:

Does it sound like rubbing or scraping? One thing I've noted was the brake dust guards are known to corrode and warp, leading to them rubbing on the disc.

Update, had my mechanic check it out, the front discs are dipped and the pads are rubbing against them. Like mentioned above the brake ware indicator is causing the squealing. So need new front pads and discs. That's for the help guys.

Update, had my mechanic check it out, the front discs are dipped and the pads are rubbing against them. Like mentioned above the brake ware indicator is causing the squealing. So need new front pads and discs. That's for the help guys.
Hi Ashzz

I have a similiar issue with my car and Im in Blackburn, which garage did you take your car to?

Many Thanks

Hi Sajid, I took mine to my mates garage he's been servicing cars for my family for years. Based in Nelson, you just need to find a garage you trust and have them look at the front discs and pads as these were the problem on mine, also have you cv boots checked just in case. Good luck hope you find the source of the noise soon.