What's new

Where can I get DC HID kits, as opposed to AC?

gerard_finn200

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 Accord i-CTDi
Hey guys, not a question to do with any particular generation of the Accord, but I was wondering if any of you have bought HID kits lately? I've gone through a few on Ebay and they all appear to be AC ballasts. Now maybe I'm wrong but I thought the conclusion on AC ballasts was bad?

I'm looking for a H3 kit for my fogs but I can only spot the AC kits. If anyone could help me out it would be great! I'd rather keep the price as low as possible, I've never paid much for a HID kit and when its more aimed at styling than practical use (well in the case of fog lights anyway), the cheaper the better!

Used to be the case that DC ballasts were better but these days the modern AC digital ballasts are preferable. This topic came up about a month ago so if you do a search you'll probably find more than you ever wanted to know.

Alan

I agree with Alan - the latest 'digital' HIDs are an intelligent AC type that effectively eliminate the flicker ***ociated with older AC units.

I agree with Alan - the latest 'digital' HIDs are an intelligent AC type that effectively eliminate the flicker ***ociated with older AC units.

Oh so it was the older AC units that were a big no no? I remember glancing at the thread mentioned above and thought for some reason that all AC units were rubbish! Anyway thanks for the info! :)