What's new

Where to sell a 2003 Honda Accord?

Tinker

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
I joined this forum when I got my 2003 Honda Accord tourer 4.5 years ago.... posted for a bit as I sorted a few issues and then nothing else has ever gone wrong....!

However, the time has come to part with it (the kids get car sick in the back now) so I'm looking to find her a new home. I came on here wondering if there was a buy and sell forum, but it appears not.

I've put it up on FB marketplace, but wondering on others experience of where they purchased / sold their cars at this end of the market. I reckon I'll get £1200 for it tops (k24 exec tourer on nice 18s, 164k miles, sunblind kit, parrot bluetooth, etc) as even though it looks good the clutch release bearing is starting to squeak when pulling away and I think that means an impending clutch replacement.

Would welcome any thoughts as I've had very poor luck in the past with autotrader, Gumtree attracts the worst type of buyer and I'm not sure it's upmarket enough for Pistonheads...

Thanks!

Why would the Tourer specifically make your kids car sick? Not criticising or anything just genuinely curious.

Love my 2.2 Ex Tourer. Great family car

All sold... £1100 from a gentleman of a buyer who travelled a hundred miles and found the car through Gumtree!

Remedi said:
Why would the Tourer specifically make your kids car sick? Not criticising or anything just genuinely curious.

Love my 2.2 Ex Tourer. Great family car
I think it has something to do with how dark it is in the back (with the factory tint) and how little view out they have. They're not affected in any other car they've been in (Skoda Superb, Kia Sportage, Nissan Leaf, Fiat Panda, VW Tiguan... etc etc)

antdad said:
Sell it on Fleabay or Autotrader...why have you had poor luck unless you're asking too much?

No idea - always sold cars close to asking price but Autotrader has never provided a buyer. Bit of a mystery tbh - I always ***umed I was selling he wrong type of cars (i.e cheap ones) to the wrong demographic

Car sickness is more related to not being able to see where you are going for me... I don;t suffer at all in the front but stick me in the back on a long trip and I'll get a little queasy after 30 mins or so.

As for selling... hard to put a price on a car without seeing it's condition. I sold an 05 2.2 EX Tourer with 175k on the clock for £700 earlier in the year... had a few cosmetic blemishes and the AC compressor was on it's last legs and needed to be kept turned off to avoid a bearing whine.

With a new clutch being needed and that's not a cheap job... I think £1200 may be far more than you'd reasonably expect. I don;t know if the petrols have a dual mass flywheel like the diesels... if they do, then you need to replace the DMF and the clutch which is at least a £700 job... If not, then around a £300-350 one just for the clutch (unless that's the kind of job you can do yourself).